“Friendly downtown diner”

Description: phone number: 336-883-9810
Description: phone number: 336-883-9810
“Friendly downtown diner”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I was in town for a race, and a volunteer recommended Jimmy's Pizza. It's in a downtown storefront, and when I walked in I saw a curved lunch counter with a dozen stools and a number of booths for two and four people. The booths were full, and I was alone, so I took a counter seat. Three servers were friendly and efficient in taking care of the customers, who were a mix of regulars and out-of-towers. I ordered the green salad, which lived up to its name: just lettuce and a little sliced tomato on top. That was fine for me; others might prefer to upgrade to another salad option. The chicken Parmesan, served with spaghetti, was "out of this world" good. The breading was just right, and the cheese covered the metal plate on which it was served. The garlic bread was light and good, and I walked away more content than when I arrived. One long wall is artfully painted with bright Italian scenes, and the cheerful of the art is well matched by the food and friendly service. I plan to go back!

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank David921

High Point, North Carolina
“The best spaghetti on earth”
Reviewed February 20, 2011

Jimmy's Pizza is the best baked spaghetti, no kidding. My wife and I eat here from time to time. I usually get a dish called the "Cooper". It's baked spaghetti with peperoni. Just imagine..

Jimmy's Pizza is a small restaurant that accepts cash only. So, make sure to stop by the ATM on the way. The upside is that the food is very reasonable. If your going on a Friday or Saturday evening be prepared to wait for a seat. They do serve beer or wine. Since this restaurant is located downtown the parking is either on the street or in a nearby lot. Oh, fries with gray is a good little side also.

They make their own Blue Cheese salad dressing. If you think you don't like blue cheese please just give this a try. It is awesome.

• Visited February 2011