“Trust My Reviews-i tell the good bad and ugly-and the best deals***”
Review of Motel 6 High Point

Motel 6 High Point
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in High Point
Reviewed June 23, 2012

This trip was about going on a budget-a real quicky lets make do for once short trip for a ball team. I usually look for top middle of the road but its been a constant week end trip for months now. I came prepared to stay in less than perfect conditions almost in a defensive nature after reading the reviews and for sure armed with WE WANT TO SEE THE ROOM FIRST AND HOW TO GET OUR MONEY BACK ATTITUDE! a Negative Nancy for sure. I will tell you exactly what you need to know to make a decision based on the facts. First of all the front desk although not immediately Mr/Mrs. Prince Charming turned into a Prince indeed. He quickly explained his shift
was hours past ending but he had endured to make sure everyone was in their room and happy.
He took his responsibility beyond measure and every person a special guest. He also explained the renovations going on and they were now a Motel 6 ( I had never stayed in a motel 6 and held my breath) The room took my breath away-i was actually stunned. what i had expected as a close my eyes and get out of here quickly room was grand by motel standards.
The decorating and room was more of a 159.00 room and we have paid more for a room of this style. The curtains were elegant-the carpet perfectly clean under feet-i inspected (at his suggestion the bath-clean as a whistle and also perfectly decorated with a huge amount of room. Everything was so beautiful. I could live here and be happy. Modest for a home for sure but so cheerful and clean it was like a escape and a real mini vaca. Crisp clean air conditioning with zero smells of mold/mildew or old. Ok-down to the true test- the mattress- HEAVEN! nice new pillows and plenty of them-crisp clean sheets-The mattress was like sleeping on a cloud with perfect support-perfection. I wanted to go hug the staff. It was that good and the price
I had to slap myself to believe we were so lucky. I have never done this before but i went back
to the front lobby area to say Thank YOU! This kind man shook my hand and said thank you to me. Did he go beyond measure-more than any 5 star hotel/motel ever- was he kind and friendly-very and a very tired man who has given every effort he could to give his guest a beautiful stay at his expense of time. Now the negative but you need to know every detail for a pleasant stay and being prepared for what you get. The pool was being repaired-no outdoor pool at our stay- The breakfast was very humble-perfect coffee which is what i crave in the morning but if you want a breakfast of champions-you should plan for a meal some where else-
If you are a smoker-im not sure the rooms would be more than what you are paying and until they are upgraded you are getting a 49.00 room. We did ask to see the rooms available and one reason is so i could give our best review of the new Hotel 6. That is the bottom line
for this newly appointed destination of value. As for parking- a breeze and easy as can be.
Total feeling of security and accommodating. The surrounding area is a fact that HIgh Point
probably took a hit with the economy and many of its business ventures going to China in the furniture industry. One side of us was a great business and nice well maintained furniture land south building and the other side away from ear shot was a high way. The drive a mile or so
away off the high way left my heart fearing this was not safe-that quickly disappeared when we actually were at the hotel. The restaurant of the past still standing is a eye sour. That is also being worked on - but at our visit look shabby. I took a card for our generous host at breakfast
who was still there watching over his establishment with sincere effort to make it a great stay-
Mr. Amit Kauskik our knight in shining armour for the night. Motel 6 is extremely fortunate to have such a representative and I hope they appreciate his effort-we sure do. Not Pet friendly:(
but good for us with allergies and our whole building was smoke free- super super clean with every effort to keep it that way. Woohooo! a great unexpected pleasure! Shopping-restaurants-all the good stuff including our ball field centrally located.

Room Tip: super quiet room and elegant style for the newly renovated non-smoking rooms. Extremely large rooms...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank wecacnna

Reviewed June 22, 2012

The price was definitely a perk, but you get what you pay for. Rolling into High Point at 1:30 AM we were just ready to sleep. The bed and pillows were the only other good thing. Otherwise, it is literally a roach motel. Killed three within 30 minutes of being in the room. Will be staying elsewhere tonight. We will never stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank radgator09
Reviewed June 6, 2012

For starters, they could not find my reservation, come to find out that the property is in the middle of being converted to a Motel 6, so it's no longer a Days Inn. My next issue is with the manager/owner. After being checked in, I was told that the room that I was given was not a smoking room (requested smoking). The manager had the nerve to talk to me like a little kid and point his finger at me and tell me if he goes in the room and smells smoke, he's gonna charge me 100.00, and that he would check it personally! At that point, I should've just left and filed a dispute with my credit card company to get my money back, but after driving almost 11 hrs, I didn't have the energy. Now when we get to the room, it had to ave been one of the dirtiest rooms I've ever been in! The fridge was dirty, the carpets hadn't been swept, and the tables where dirty... STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Once we pulled into the hotel, our first thought was "uh-oh". Scuzzy doesn't begin to describe the neighborhood AND the hotel. The 1st room we were given was dirty (hair in the bathroom sink & the interior of the door was grossly discolored) & smelled musty. There was obvious water damage on the ceiling. After going to the front desk clerk (who wore no identification or uniform, just street clothes) & telling her we wanted to cancel the reservation the front desk clerk seem annoyed that we were bothering her while she had her children running rampant throughout the lobby & behind the front desk. As I was outside on the phone about to cancel the room, the manager appeared (also wearing no identification or uniform). She told us that we had been put in the wrong room & redirected the clerk to put us in another room in the newer building next door. The 2nd room was nicer since it was in a much newer building. There were several stains on the desk chair & the upholstered chair. This building was supposed to only be accessed by your room key card (per the sign on the wall) but when we returned to the hotel around 11pm that night, the automatic doors opened freely as we approached them, without use of the key card. The bed (supposedly a Serta) was maybe a little more comfortable that sleeping on the floor! There was barely any water pressure to speak of when trying to take a shower. Upon check out, a different front desk clerk who also wore no identification or uniform, just street clothes, didn't even ask how the stay was. Had she actually done her job & asked, she would have gotten an earful! This hotel is in a very sketchy area of town & is a pain to get to. Even with the half-assed renovations this is NOT somewhere that you want to spend time or money on! The total that I spent on this stay was just over $140 for 3 nights. I wish I had that back instead of having it go towards a lack luster staff & property.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank theartistici
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I booked three rooms at this place for guests at a family birthday. I drove over to check it out, and discovered it is located in a difficult spot (in the middle of a cloverleaf off business I85). The driveway almost made me want to turn around as it guides you past outbuildings in a terrible state of repair (they are for sale). Make sure that you book a suite located in the newer building. Rooms are clean, service at front desk is good, the rates outstanding (less than $65/nite). All three guest families reported, in essence: "Pretty good for a plain-vanilla motel."

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I picked the hotel because of the availably and close to the Spring Market. I found big, nice suite when I arrived, the staff was helpful and the manager Love Sessoms answered all the questions I had she was great and helpful. The shuttle service to the market was very easy to use. They offer breakfast for free. There is some remodeling on one side of the property, but there was no noise from it when I was there. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for the suites they are newer and bigger. Book direct.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 24, 2012

This is a nicely priced, well located basic hotel. Unfortunately, it is also dirty. If cleanliness is important to you, you should keep looking. The people in my party found it completely unacceptable and made "jokes" about wanting a black light to see how bad it really was, (unfounded) concerns about bed bugs, etc. The bathroom floor was a little sticky. There were stains in the bath and rugs. The heating and air conditioning unit had serious dust built up. Initially, they gave us a room that was not made up.

The front desk staff was accommodating, which I appreciated, but I will never go back.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TravelerTimNJ
Ricky B, General Manager at Motel 6 High Point, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Days Inn High Point.
The management team and housekeeping are deeply sorry that your room was not in satisfactory condition upon your arrival and after check-in in the hotel.
We are taking the necessary measures to ensure that this won't happen again. We take cleanliness and bug problems seriously. I can assure you that this hotel does not have any bed bug issues.
We regret that we did not get the chance to correct the problem before your departure.
If you travel to High Point again, please consider Days Inn & Suites in your travel arrangements.We will upgrade your room to a complimentary suite and make sure your stay is nothing but satisfactory.

Regards,