“Excellent food, delightful atmosphere”

Austin's Restaurant
Ranked #76 of 277 Restaurants in High Point
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Maryland
“Excellent food, delightful atmosphere”
Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

I have had the full range of meals I this Resturant ranging from a mouth watering prime rib to a delighf clib sandwhich. Every meal has been prepared well, hot and delicious. Last night was no exception. Fried mushroom were outstanding followed by French onion soup and a Reuben sandwich. All perfect. Service as always was attentive but not intrusive

HIGH POINT, NC
“Up Scale Family Dining”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Overall, very good restaurant. Excellent salads and prime rib. Ocasionally also get the pork chops which are very large and delicious. Unfortunately prices keep going North as cost of food increases. Wait staff is always prompt, courteous and know their job. Recommend.

• Visited September 2012
High Point, North Carolina
“Anniversary Dinner”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband and I went to Austins for our wedding Anniversary Dinner. They had a sign out front advertising they had prime rib after 4 on Sundays and I have been wanting some. I was not disappointed. I had the prime rib with a side of mushrooms and it was very tender and tasty. My husband had a cheeseburger which was huge! And he also said it was great.

The service was great also. They are a little pricey in my opion, but the food is good.

• Visited September 2012
Jamestown, North Carolina
“not worth going to”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

had reservations for 4 called ahead to make sure they knew this was ab-day party .1primerib was sent back twice ice cold in middle .cooks were very loud saying it was fine and giving us nasty looks .felt like junior high or the bronx.we did not pay for that primerib but had to pay for salad that comes before meal w/ the meal seriously !!!!!!!!!!!i told waitress when there it was ab-day nothing !one of my guest left w/out eating awful .dont try it im calling manager today very disgusted .

• Visited May 2012
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Give this restaurant a try! So far so good!”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

I have been to Austin's at least 5 times now and everytime I have gone, I haven't had a bad meal or bad service. My favorite part is getting the house salad that comes with the EVER SO DELICIOUS butter/honey cresent roll! OH MY GOSH! Highly recommend trying one! I will admit though I have had a great service and have enjoyed the meals so far, the place needs an upgrade as far as interior goes. Everytime I go I feel like i've been plunged back into the early 90's when mauve walls and seafoam green were in style. Though most of the place is brick inside the walls/curtains need to be updated. And yes the menu is lengthy so plan to sit there (give yourself sometime) to review and look over the 6+ page menu. It can be a little overwhelming the first time you look at it because of all the choices. But give it a go and try it out! :) I recommend!!

• Visited February 2012