“Basic Accomodations”

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in High Point
Los Alamitos, CA
“Basic Accomodations”
Reviewed October 23, 2009

Clean and well-maintained, but with some negatives. Secondary location, not that close to downtown High Point. None of the nearby restaurants are really suitable to walk to, requiring you to drive to get food. Rooms are long and narrow with a single window, making them somewhat dark and cave-like. Furnishings are OK, but starting to show some wear. Exercise room is the size of a large closet with a single treadmill and TV . . a joke even by hotel standards. Staff is friendly and responsive, and the hotel offers free wi-fi and continental breakfast.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Bilthotel, General Manager at Biltmore Suites Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2009
Thank you very much for taking the time to review The Biltmore Suites Hotel. Mangement at The Biltmore Suites Hotel use the reviews from our guests as a training tool. We look at all comments and suggestions and decide ways that we can increase our guest experience at the hotel. Thank you for your comments and I hope that you will visit us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
USA
Reviewed October 10, 2009

My ratings are to give a heads up to other "road warriors" who spend much of the year on the road.... I had the pleasure of staying in two different rooms while working in the Greensboro Highpoint area... one was a suite with a jacuzzi which was open, freesh, and very comfortable. I was able to arrange half my room into an office for the week and had good wireless internet. On another week I had the pleasure of staying in a smaller room, but had a wonderful fresh breeze coming through the window and again easy transition into office space. I had micrfridge in each room, good internet service and (can make or break your week) a delightful staff from the GM and front desk staff to the 'room keepers', maintenance support and breakfast host. Maybe the best kept secret in Greensboro High Point! I rate this stay and hotel with my "Royal Flush!"

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
I would like to sincerely Thank You for taking the time to write a review of The Biltmore Suites Hotel. I am very pleased that your experiece with us was a good one! I will print your review and show all of the friendly hardworking employees. Your review is very helpful for the employees to know that their dedication to guest satisfaction makes a great impact on our customers. I hope you will visit us again the next time you are in the High Point/Greensboro area!
Virginia
Reviewed August 25, 2009

I was traveling to Charlotte, NC from Lynchburg, VA but couldn't get on the road until around 8pm. I knew I would arrive in Charlotte around 12am or later, so I decided to go about half way and stay the night, especially because it was raining really hard.

I found the Biltmore Hotel on Travelocity and thought the reviews were good, pictures were nice and the price was right! I booked it and am very happy I did. The front desk clerk was so nice when I arrived around 10pm. She had such a pleasantness about her. She checked me in right away and didn't ask me for my credit card -as most places do- because I booked through Travelocity.

My room was very nicely decorated and much larger than I had expected. It had a separate little "room" with a sofa and table. Beds were quite comfortable and the bathroom was nice. Microwave and refrigerator as well. There were places to eat very close by and a Sheetz gas station right across the street.

It was a little off the beaten path and took a few extra minutes to get to, but for the price and the nice staff and great rooms, it was definitely worth it! Will definitely return if I am ever in that area!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
new hampshire
Reviewed August 14, 2008

I recently stayed at the Biltmore suites, 4400 Regency Drive, High Point, NC and could not sleep because the beds were so old my back was killing me, no support at all, they need new beds. The toilet ran all night and the maids took my special ear plugs that I left on the night stand. They did not try to resolve any of my issues, so I would not recommend staying there. Anybody from Market America please do not stay there. Thank You.

• Liked — Decent breakfast
  • Disliked — Terrible beds
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Krystale, Management Staff at Biltmore Suites Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2008
We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay at The Biltmore Suites Hotel. Management at The Biltmore Suites Hotel were not made aware of the guest problems until after check out. The guest stayed for 4 nights with us. Management was notified after check-out via e-mail about the uncomfortable bed. We changed all of the beds to Serta Pillowtop in 2007 on the first and seconf floors. The guest was staying on the third floor. If we were notified of the bed issue; we would have made arrangements to move her to a room that had a satisfactory bed. Our Housekeeping Department are provided with continued training; not only with the cleaning aspect of the job, but also the customer service part. We have never had a theft in the 3 years that I have been employeed with Biltmore Suites Hotel.I have tried numerous times to resolve this issue with the guest in a reasonable manner. My offers of compensation have been turned down. The Biltmore Suites Hotel strives to keep our hotel clean and comfortable for aour travelers that pay good money to stay with us. We plan to supply the rest of the hotel (3rd floor) with new mattresses in 2009.
South Carolina
Reviewed April 21, 2008

Great staff and rooms were very good for the price. The price were right because we put two golfers per room and split the bill. Eight of us were on a four day golf trip and stayed with them for three nights. They list the rooms as suites but they are really large rooms with two queen beds seperated by a small half wall and then a sofa, and two chairs with a coffee table. The only complaint that we had as a group was that the tvs were very old, not flat screen and hard to see.
Jerry O' Neal was the hotel shuttle driver and he took the eight of us to dinner in the hotel van on Saturday night and sunday night. All we had to do was call when we were done and he picked us up in a few minutes. Very accomodating and he recommended restaurants which were both resonable and had very excellent food. If you go there ask for Jerry O'Neal for recommendations. The hotel is convenient to I-40 at exit 210, and centrally located for golf courses.

• Liked — Close to I-40 and golf
  • Disliked — Very Old TVs
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends
Cullowhee NC
Reviewed April 6, 2008

We booked this hotel so that we could leave our car in the hotel parking lot while we were on vacatrion and take the hotel shuttle to and from the airport. I called the hotel before I booked the room to verify that they had a free airport shuttle. Whejn we arrived, we were assured that the hotel shuttle would be available the next moprning. However, when we needed the shuttle the next morning we were told that the shuttle bus had broken down. We had to take an airport shuttle for $22. Before we left, I inquired if the shuttle would be available when we returned from our vacation. We were assured it would be. We returned a week later at 3:30pm and called the shuttle to pick us up at the airport. We were then told that the shuttle did not run between 2:00 and 5:00pm. We again had to take an airport shuttle for $20.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
PA
Reviewed January 14, 2008

I called the hotel directly and made reservations because of an advertised special on their website of any suite room for $79.00 a night for 3 weekend nights which is what I needed, but you needed to call them to get the rate.

The girl taking the reservations was quite helpful and friendly.

We arrived after midnight after a long car ride and were greeted by "Norman" at the front desk.
He was extremely nice and made check in a breeze.

The room was advertised as a suite with a Jacuzzi tub.
The suite consisted of a king size bed and a sofa bed on the other side of a small dividing wall.

It was more than adequate for our stay ... the housekeeping staff was friendly as well as any of the staff that we talked too during our stay.

The gym only consisted of a treadmill so if you are looking for a real workout facility this wouldn't be the place.

The Jacuzzi tub was located in the bathroom with a sliding mirrored door that you can access from the room alongside of the King sized bed, never saw that kind of set up before so that was unique.

It is located in a quiet area .. at least it is in January, and easy to access to interstates.

While not over the top with extras if you are looking for a decent hotel in a safe area at a good price I would definitely go with the Biltmore High Point NC.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled with family