“Our Stay for Miss Gay NC Unlimited”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Hickory
Reviewed November 22, 2011

The staff and management of the Sleep Inn hotel did their very best in making sure everyone who was involved with the Pageant had everything we needed as well as went out of their way to make sure we had the uptmost comfort and pleasant time while we were there. From checking in to the young man working the night shift, including the housekeeping staff were all extremely pleasant. Thank you!

Room Tip: The entire 3rd floor of the building was smoking which was a great ease for most of us who were ther...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Sleep_Inn-Hickory, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2011

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. The staff and I strive to make all of our guest feel comfortable and at home during their stays. Half of the third floor is now non-smoking to accomodate our guest who prefer non-smoking rooms. Unfortunately because of insurance requirements we are no longer able to unlock the windows on upper floors.

We look forward to your group's next visit with us and are very pleased to be your hotel of choice while in the Hickory, NC area.

Steve Starnes, General Manager

Reviewed October 15, 2011

We stayed for 3 nights with our Mini Aussie Shepard Jack, and it was like we were old friends coming for a visit. The GM Steve was courteous and genuinely concerned with our experience.

He told us that they were trying to make this a pet friendly destination and they are doing a great job. This motel is very conveniently located and is perfect for a budget minded traveler.

All the staff was friendly and I would recommend the Sleep Inn in Hickory to anyone.

Please note that this an older motel and everything is not shiny and new, but its clean and was quiet when we were there. There is a waffle maker in the breakfast room and there is a nice selection of food for anyone's taste. Big plus for strong water pressure in the shower.

You can tell that they are striving for improvement and that means a lot in my book.

If you have a dog, be sure to ask Steve about the carob dog treats , our guy loves them !

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jim S
Sleep_Inn-Hickory, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2011

Jim S.

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We value each and every guest that walks through our doors and thier opinions. Yes, we value the four legged furry guests as well.

The Team and I take all opinions, good, bad or indifferent and use that feedback to continuously improve the services, surroundings and overall stay provided to each guest.

I am very happy to hear that the treats provided were well received by your Aussie. He was such a delight for then entire staff as well as some of our guests.

The entire Team at Sleep Inn - Hickory, NC look forward to the both of you visiting with us again in the future.

Steve Starnes, GM

Reviewed October 12, 2011

we use this hotel often for my college's homecoming and the staff takes extra measures to ensure we enjoy our stay. the manager, steve, and his stay go out of their way to make sure we have everything we need. i would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank kenny j
Sleep_Inn-Hickory, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2011

Thanks for taking time to review our hotel. I was a pleasure to have you and your fellow alumni with us for the homecoming weekend. The hotel staff and management all strive to provide the highest level of hospitality for all our guests.

We look forward to next year when you and the guys arrive again to celebrate Homecoming.

Steve Starnes, GM.

Reviewed October 11, 2011

My teammates and I recently stayed at the Sleep Inn while visiting our Alma mater. The manager Steve and his staff made sure our visit was perfect from check in to check out. We are planning this trip again next year and won't consider another hotel!

Room Tip: Some rooms have flat screens.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ike O

It was a pleasure to have you and your fellow teammates with us for Homecoming Weekend. Each and every member of the Sleep Inn Team strives to provide the highest level of customer service, the cleanest rooms and the best value for every group and individual that walk through our door.

Thanks again for your kind words and we look forward to have you and the guys back next year.

Steve Starnes, GM

Reviewed September 29, 2011

I recently stayed at the sleep inn and the stay was great staff was friendly and it wasan all around great stay. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank angelhunt
Sleep_Inn-Hickory, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2011

On behalf of the entire staff of Sleep Inn-Hickory, NC I would like to thank you for taking time to review our hotel.

We strive to provide superior customer service for all who walk through our doors. Your review re-enforces that committment to excellence.

Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you again when are in the Hickory area.

Steve W. Starnes, General Manager

Reviewed September 28, 2011

Very nice hotel. We stayed here with my large German Shepard, and I was impressed that for a pet friendly hotel, it was very clean and comfortable. It was close to tons of restaurants, and the staff was helpful. Overall it was a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Ashley H
QSManager, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2011

Ashley H,

We love our pets at Sleep Inn-Hickory! Thank you for taking the time to submit a review, your opinion matters to us. Guest service and cleanliness are top priorities to the entire staff and I am so pleased you could see that during your recent stay. Whenever you (and your German Shepard) are back in Hickory stop in to stay with us or just to say hello!

Many Thanks,
Wendi Boyd, Property Director of Sales

Reviewed September 27, 2011

I have stayed in over 300 different hotels in the past 7 years in North and South Carolina and this one is by far in my Top Ten hotels. I enjoy the customer service and price is the best in the area for the quality of the hotel. I am a smoker so that is a big thing for me and I need a fridge, well just so happen they were out of those rooms. So he accommodated me by giving me a upgraded room for the same price as a standard room. I love the location it's walking distance to a gas station, cracker barrel, hooters, and other plus everything you could want to eat and all the popular stores are less then 5 miles away. I'm a wrap this up by saying the rooms are clean, the beds are comfy, the staff is professional and very accommodating and its 20 feet from Hooters what more can a guy ask for? The answer: NOTHING!

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Rhinechaz
Sleep_Inn-Hickory, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2011

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. Good customer service is the hallmark of any successful business. We strive to provide the highest level of hospitality for all our guests. We believe it is the small things like room upgrades, greetings with a smile and the personal touch keep our guests coming back.

The staff very hard to make sure the rooms a clean and that all apsects of our guests' stays are pleasant stay.

We are pleased that you chose the Sleep Inn of Hickory as your home away from during you time in our city and hope to see you often.