$130
$66
$111
HIExpress.com
$119
All reviewsfront deskquiet locationclean bedgreat priceking roomflat screen tvwould definitely stay here againgreat place to staykrystalinterstatestarbucksmicrowavepetmegancleanliness
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We were in town for a gymnastics tournament over the weekend and stayed at Red Roof. When we arrived the parking lot was completely full and we couldn't find a spot. We went in and the nice attendant behind the counter came out and helped us find a place to park. We were given advice on places to eat in the area and things to do. Our daughter spilled juice on the bed and we called down to the front desk to ask if we could get some more sheets, I couldn't believe that only a few minutes later there was a knock on the door and they were there to change our bed for us. Kimberly also brought us a bottle of water. About an our later our toilet wouldn't flush and we called down again to the office. Josh came up, plunged the toilet and delivered service with a smile. The hotel is a little out dated and some items clearly need to be replaced, but the room was clean and the staff really goes the extra mile to take care of people. We will come back again for sure!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Kimberly W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hickory, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Shana,

I am so pleased to see that you had a great stay! I am so glad the staff went above and beyond to make your stay memorable. We have an older property but shhhhh... don't tell her that =) she still thinks she's in her prime! We take great pride in our jobs and really like to hear when we get it right! Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay and we sincerely look forward to you coming back soon.

Thanks Again,

Kimberly W. GM

Reviewed April 30, 2014

I'm copying here verbatim a complaint letter that I sent to the manager:
On 04/29 I called the front desk to request toilet and I was informed rather rudely that I was welcome to go pick it up from the front desk. This really surprised me and I let it go. However today on 04/30 I came back to the room and found that whoever cleaned the room did not leave any towels. I called the front desk and got the same person Jenna and she again informed me that I was welcome to go there and get towels. I needed them so even though I was running late for a important meeting and had spent the entire day working and expected that my room would be cleaned and have fresh towels I went to the front desk to pick them up. When I got there Jenna was serving other people but I expected that having told me to go pick them up myself she would have them ready for me to take back instead I was informed that I had to wait for another worker to come back from.....DELIVERING TOWELS!!!...for me to get towels!!... Needless to say that at this point I was really upset. I am staying at this hotel for a week I leave for the day I really expect to have fresh towels which I don't ask for everyday. i checked in on Monday and today is the first time I have requested towels. Is it too much to ask that someone would drop off fresh towels? I have work to do I am running late for meetings because your front desk person can't be bothered to provide me with towels. Finally very kind Vanessa knocked on my door with a smile and handed me fresh towels. I am certainly not happy at the inconvenience of no toilet paper and no towels and no guest services to provide these necessities.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Kimberly W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hickory, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Dear Ben,

I was very upset to hear that you did not receive proper service from Janna. It is always our practice to deliver towels or any items upon request. I am so very sorry that this did not happen during your stay. I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We will use this to improve our service to all of our guests. Since you are still in house with us at this time, I will strive to provide you with great customer service and see if we can turn your experience around.

Kimberly

Reviewed April 29, 2014

The prices are very good, rooms are super clean and the staff is very helpful and kind. Plus free wifi and you can bring your pets. I will be staying here again on my way through every time now. Thanks again everyone.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Patrick,

Thank you so much for your review. I am so glad to hear that we provided you with great service. Our rooms ARE affordable!!! That is the Red Roof way!! We provide clean affordable rooms to travelers on the go or any local resident just looking to get away from home for the evening. We <3 our guests! Please come back and see us again.

Thanks,

Kimberly W.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

We only stayed one night, but the service, cleanliness, location and friendliness was excellent. We didn't want to spend a lot of money, but wanted a nice room. We got it by booking the superior king room.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bob735
Kimberly W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hickory, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so pleased that you found value for your money in us. Red Roof is striving to be the best in customer service. We so appreciate you letting us know how we did. I will pass your comments along to the staff. Feedback is so very important to us. Thanks Again =)

Kimberly Wensil

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Saw a coupon for the Red Roof Inn, and thought we would try it. It was one of the few places that honored the coupons out of the Hotels.com coupon book picked up at the rest area. Quality Inn would not, nor would some of the others we called. We were not dissapointed. The room was updated--looked recent. The bed was comfortable. The room was small but we only needed a night or two and only used it to sleep and shower. Water pressure was great! Lots of hot water. Everything worked in the room. The staff were really nice too. My only complaint is that it can get noisy from 4 am to check out with customers not respecting that other guests are trying to sleep. But we don't blame the RRI. The place was a safe area and close to restaurants, shopping and close to downtown Hickory ( a must see!). We would probably stay there again if we didn't plan ahead.

Room Tip: try to get 1st floor, then you can park right by room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank greatgoodbad

Thank You!

We are so glad that you were able to stay with us during your travels. I am always so glad to see wonderful comments about the staff. I am happy that you were satisfied with your room. Our business is making all travelers feel like welcomed guests and providing each guest with a comfortable clean place to rest for the evening. Thank you for taking the time to share your review.

Thanks Again