“YUK!”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Hickory
Nashville, Tennessee
“YUK!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

First let me say that if you're a smoker and have no sense of smell, you'll think I'm crazy.

If you are NOT a smoker, then be warned. Though the rooms look ok, they might as well have installed air conditioners from a chain smoker's home! Our family booked two rooms, BOTH smelled terribly of cigarette smoke, (even though they were non-smoking) and one had a broken air conditioner. The rooms were fairly clean but the air-conditioners were blowing out horribly stinky air the whole night. I even woke up thinking I was smelling burned spaghetti sauce it was so pungent!

NASTY!

we cancelled our reservation for the remaining nights. Also we were not offered any discounted price due to the nasty air.

Room Tip: If you're a non-smoker choose another hotel! All "Non-Smoking" means in the advertisem...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Kimberly W, Manager at Red Roof Inn Hickory, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Values Guest,

Let me say that I sincerely apologize for the smell that the air conditioners were putting off in your room. At Red Roof Inn in Hickory we truely care for each and every guest and hope that each guest has a positive experience. I would like you to know that we have ordered several new air conditioners and have spent a great deal of time to ensure that this problem never happens again. We do hope that you will come and stay with us again and give us the chance to show you that each concern is addressed and corrected. I want to sincerely thank you for bringing this problem to our attention. You have given us another way to improve the quality of service that we can offer our guests!

Kimberly Wensil, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

So much better then i thought! The best motel I have ever stayed in!!!! No problems! The bed was AMAZING!!! I slept SO well! The staff was great! The room was clean..I will definitely be staying there again!

• Stayed August 2013
THANKS!!!

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your positive review. We absolutely love feedback at Red Roof. Feedback lets us know when we are doing well and when we have room for improvement! I am so pleased that you had a positive experience with us during your stay. I am even happier to hear that you will be back. We look forward to serving you again. I will let the staff know of your great review!

Thanks,

Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Excellent stay. I just finished writing a review for this chain for a location in Chapel Hill NC. We stayed in this one on our return a couple weeks later. It is a mirror of the other one. It is an excellent place to stay. We were in a Superior King and it's well worth it to reserve. It's clean, fresh and pretty. Great value and a wonderful nights sleep. We have a new favorite in Red Roof Inn. The service was wonderful and with a smile.

Room Tip: Go for the King Superior. It's worth the few extra bucks.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Arkansasfella
THANK YOU!

Dear Guest,

I am so pleased to hear that we are your new favorite chain! That's Great. We take great pride in knowing that you have plenty of other choices for your travel needs but you have chosen us! I will be sure to pass along your review to the staff. We look forward to seeing you again and prviding you with great servce.

Kinston, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

I was on the cell phone making a reservation at another hotel when I saw a billboard for the Red Roof for rooms starting at $45.99, so I hung up and drove 3 exits farther down. I was a little leary of Red Roof because of a previous experience, but this one has all new beds that are very comfortable. I asked for the least expensive room that they had as I was on a very tight budget. It had no microwave, fridge or coffee maker, but that was fine. (They do have rooms that have them.) The gentleman on duty that night was Gordon, an exceptionally nice man. Some may think that the rooms are small, but compared to one of the other chains, they are plenty large enough for an overnight stay. (We liked it so well we stayed there again on our return trip four days later.) My husband has a very bad back, but he said that it was the best nights sleep he had ever had in a motel. Our room the first night was at the very back and they had a policeman waling around making sure everything was OK which made us feel even more secure. They don't offer any breakfast, but for the savings in the price of the room, we can buy breakfast somewhere. They do have coffee in the lobby, and it was very good even out of a styrofoam cup. Would recommend this place to anyone looking for a good night's stay for a reasonable price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kathy18_12
redroof152, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hickory, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
I would like to thank you for your comments! I am so happy that our staff and our hotel made such a positive impact on you! We at Red Roof Inn really strive to promote a positive connection with our guests. We love feedback! I look forward to sharing your review with the team!
Chesapeake, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

if you are looking for an inexpensive, clean place to rest, the red roof inn in hickory, nc is the place to stay. the staff especially ms cole was awesome. she and the staff were very hospitable and efficient with my family. I would recommend anyone looking for a modest, clean hotel that is staying or passing thru hickory area to stay at this location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank J R
Thank you SO MUCH for your wonderful review of our property. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and took the time to let us know. I will share your comments with our entire staff. We look forward to your return!
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

I stay hear on Saturdays on business and if you want a clean room at a low price, its perfect

I like the in room safe. Always good in a budget hotel.

There staff could use a little more training but the are plrasent .

• Stayed July 2013
redroof152, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hickory, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your experience with our hotel here in the beautiful town of Hickory. We are happy to hear that you were pleased with your accommodations and that our location suited your needs during your trip. Your recommendation is appreciated and we hope that we may serve you again in the future should your travels return you to the Hickory area.
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

First of all, Vanessa at the front desk was helpful on the phone and even sweeter in person :-) This is one of the recently remodeled RRI properties w/ flat screen TV, updated decor, granite counter, fresh paint, etc. Our room was a standard double & while not especially spacious, they have done a good job w/lighting & utilizing the space and we didn't feel cramped, even with 2 sets of luggage, laptops, etc. Plenty of wi-fi signal strength & easily accessible electrical outlets, including a small surge strip on the nightstand between the beds. We opted to pay the extra $5 for an upgraded room with fridge/micro. While some folks prefer interior doorways, we appreciate rooms with outside doors and being able to park directly in front which makes it soooo much easier to load/unload. The tub/shower was actually gleaming and the linens were fresh and spotlessly clean including actual fitted bottom sheets (rather than just a flat sheet that comes undone in the middle of the night!) Grounds were landscaped beautifully with manicured lawns and the parking areas well lit so we felt our vehicles were safe. Our only issues were a s-l-o-w draining sink, faint cigarette odor and alarm clock which had been unplugged and took forever to figure out how to re-set. While trivial, housekeeping should have noted them rather than a guest? Still, wouldn't hesitate to recommend and would definitely stay here again. Wish all Red Roof Inns were this well tended!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
redroof152, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hickory, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
As a seasoned traveler such as yourself, your compliments of our inn mean a great deal. Vanessa was grateful for the accolade. We take pride in providing the best service possible and your review reinforces that. I apologize about the slow draining sink and the faint smoke smell. We have someone available at all times to assure our guests are taken care of during their stay. I understand that you have many choices when traveling and we appreciate that you choose us. We thank you for your business and hope to see you again when you travel through Hickory, NC.