“Excellent stay!”

Red Roof Inn Hickory
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Hickory
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I was on the cell phone making a reservation at another hotel when I saw a billboard for the Red Roof for rooms starting at $45.99, so I hung up and drove 3 exits farther down. I was a little leary of Red Roof because of a previous experience, but this one has all new beds that are very comfortable. I asked for the least expensive room that they had as I was on a very tight budget. It had no microwave, fridge or coffee maker, but that was fine. (They do have rooms that have them.) The gentleman on duty that night was Gordon, an exceptionally nice man. Some may think that the rooms are small, but compared to one of the other chains, they are plenty large enough for an overnight stay. (We liked it so well we stayed there again on our return trip four days later.) My husband has a very bad back, but he said that it was the best nights sleep he had ever had in a motel. Our room the first night was at the very back and they had a policeman waling around making sure everything was OK which made us feel even more secure. They don't offer any breakfast, but for the savings in the price of the room, we can buy breakfast somewhere. They do have coffee in the lobby, and it was very good even out of a styrofoam cup. Would recommend this place to anyone looking for a good night's stay for a reasonable price.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy18_12
redroof152, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hickory, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

I would like to thank you for your comments! I am so happy that our staff and our hotel made such a positive impact on you! We at Red Roof Inn really strive to promote a positive connection with our guests. We love feedback! I look forward to sharing your review with the team!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

if you are looking for an inexpensive, clean place to rest, the red roof inn in hickory, nc is the place to stay. the staff especially ms cole was awesome. she and the staff were very hospitable and efficient with my family. I would recommend anyone looking for a modest, clean hotel that is staying or passing thru hickory area to stay at this location.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank J R

Thank you SO MUCH for your wonderful review of our property. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and took the time to let us know. I will share your comments with our entire staff. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

I stay hear on Saturdays on business and if you want a clean room at a low price, its perfect

I like the in room safe. Always good in a budget hotel.

There staff could use a little more training but the are plrasent .

• Stayed: July 2013
redroof152, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hickory, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your experience with our hotel here in the beautiful town of Hickory. We are happy to hear that you were pleased with your accommodations and that our location suited your needs during your trip. Your recommendation is appreciated and we hope that we may serve you again in the future should your travels return you to the Hickory area.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

First of all, Vanessa at the front desk was helpful on the phone and even sweeter in person :-) This is one of the recently remodeled RRI properties w/ flat screen TV, updated decor, granite counter, fresh paint, etc. Our room was a standard double & while not especially spacious, they have done a good job w/lighting & utilizing the space and we didn't feel cramped, even with 2 sets of luggage, laptops, etc. Plenty of wi-fi signal strength & easily accessible electrical outlets, including a small surge strip on the nightstand between the beds. We opted to pay the extra $5 for an upgraded room with fridge/micro. While some folks prefer interior doorways, we appreciate rooms with outside doors and being able to park directly in front which makes it soooo much easier to load/unload. The tub/shower was actually gleaming and the linens were fresh and spotlessly clean including actual fitted bottom sheets (rather than just a flat sheet that comes undone in the middle of the night!) Grounds were landscaped beautifully with manicured lawns and the parking areas well lit so we felt our vehicles were safe. Our only issues were a s-l-o-w draining sink, faint cigarette odor and alarm clock which had been unplugged and took forever to figure out how to re-set. While trivial, housekeeping should have noted them rather than a guest? Still, wouldn't hesitate to recommend and would definitely stay here again. Wish all Red Roof Inns were this well tended!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
redroof152, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hickory, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

As a seasoned traveler such as yourself, your compliments of our inn mean a great deal. Vanessa was grateful for the accolade. We take pride in providing the best service possible and your review reinforces that. I apologize about the slow draining sink and the faint smoke smell. We have someone available at all times to assure our guests are taken care of during their stay. I understand that you have many choices when traveling and we appreciate that you choose us. We thank you for your business and hope to see you again when you travel through Hickory, NC.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I've stayed in a lot of motels as well as having been a housekeeper in one for 1 1/2 years. I like the cheap stays and I don't ask for much or expect much, and I know how hard the work is, how bad the pay is and (sorry!) how difficult travelers can be. But I was a bit disappointed on a couple things: there was obvious soap scum on the sink counter (I laid out small towels, and I'm not even a germaphobe - but if I can scrape something up with a flick of a fingernail... obviously a lot of effort didn't go into the cleaning) as well as the shower, there was a fortune cookie (unopened at least I guess!) I discovered within the first 10 minutes, so again not exactly a tough one, and then the A/C was a lost cause - the fridge put out more heat than the A/C - and the microwave fan would kick on when the door was shut (and if left open would flop all the way open & between it & the bed there wasn't a lot of space to pass from the door into the rest of the room) so ironically after paying more for a room with a fridge & microwave I had to unplug both! Front desk was very pleasant - I leave on my privacy sign so can't say about any other staff - and the motel was very quiet, especially for the proximity to I40 & there were enough trees & few enough cars in the lot that I enjoyed shady parking, and honestly it was basically exactly what I would expect for $50/night so I would stay again. Hopefully with a better A/C though!!! Also I can say looking back it is exactly like the pictures on the website except I think the king had 3 pillows not 4 but I could be wrong.

Room Tip: I was on the 2nd floor facing Lenoir Rhyne but the motel is set well off the road & buffered by...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
redroof152, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hickory, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Red Roof Inn. I noticed you experienced some problems with your accommodations and I would like to first apologize, as this is not a normal experience.
I would like to assure you all of your issues will be addressed. Your comfort is our number one priority. Any guest that has a concern during their stay, we ask them to contact our Guest Services and allow us to address it. We have someone available twenty four hours a day, seven days a week for our guests. We want to resolve any concern prior to departure and make your stay a pleasant one.
At Red Roof, it is our intention to have your confidence in our abilities to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at Red Roof the next time your travel plans require lodging in Hickory, NC.

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Passing through Hickory and needed a place to stay so we thought we would give the Red Roof Inn a try. No added luxuries such as a refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot or continental breakfast but the room was clean and met our needs. Price was reasonable. Would consider staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2013
redroof152, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hickory, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thanks so much for your review. We’re overjoyed the service provided was excellent. Throughout the United States, the Red Roof Inns share the common goal of creating the absolute best guest experience possible. That's something we’ll continue to strive for – and we’re glad it shows. Your feedback has been shared with our team; Thank you again; we hope to welcome you back to the Hickory area.

Vanessa Cole

Reviewed July 8, 2013

stayed here while in town to watch some minor league baseball on sat 7/6/13 and had a good stay. room was was fine with a nice bed and wheel chair access bathroom. tv was flat screen and a nice selection of channels. their was some stain in room 128 on the bathroom wall that went down the entire side next to the sink. not sure what it was but i used a washcloth to see if it would come off and it did for a short time and came back. really weird. maybe some paint in the spot would help???

the best part of the stay was the really nice lady at checkin on Saturday and checkout Sunday. she was great and friendly and had really nice smile when everyone came in. she needs a raise!

Price was awesome and about a $100 a night cheaper than the Fairfield Inn one exit up. I would stay here again if i was in the area!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay at our hotel. We are pleased you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable. At the Red Roof, we strive to provide every customer with superior service; therefore your feedback is very important to us. We appreciate you sharing and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.