“Clean and Comfey”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Hickory
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Clean and Comfey”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We were given the Super King non-smoking room which had a desk area that is set up like a little office. The bed was clean and comfortable. We had a large flat screen TV, microwave, refrigerator and found the staff to be helpful and polite. Excellent rate for this very nice room. We will go back to this motel again.

Room Tip: They do not offer breakfast at this motel but is very close to lots of restaurants. Also very close...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
redroof152, Manager at Red Roof Inn Hickory, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with us. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have shared your compliments with the staff. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Robyn Ingalls Jones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Siloam,Nc
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Rooms were very clean and updated only wish it had a microwave and refrigerator in it. The rooms need more towels and washclothes since there was four of us who stayed. The beds were hard and not very comfortable but tolerable for just a couple days stay. The lobby staff were nice and friendly. The hotel was close to eating places and shopping. We will stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: Had a room on top floor and had to carry everything upstairs so I would ask for a lower floor room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
redroof152, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hickory, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I have shared your compliments with the staff. We are pleased to announce that we are in the process of equipping several of our double bed rooms with the micro-fridge units. While all of our first floor rooms do have brand new mattresses we are currently working on getting new mattresses for the second floor as well. We thank you for your business and look forward to seeing you again when you return to Hickory.

Robyn Ingalls Jones
Astor, FL
Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is without a doubt the nicest Red Roof Inn we have stayed at. Most have been good to very good, some we will never stay at again. This one is very good plus.
We were warmly welcomed by the evening clerk and upon entering the room we gave it the "smell" test. No smell at all and the bed was made up especially nicely. First impressions are really so important.

The room was very reasonably priced and included many useful ammenities including a refrigerator, microwave, safe, wide screen tv, coffee maker (that made pretty good coffee) and a desk sitting area.

The bathroom is small but the shower is excellent. The only criticism would be the bathroom towels that were somewhat small but they were clean and new. Also the internet is a bit slow.

The morning clerk, Robin, was very helpful. Thank you Robin.

This is the Red Roof Inn that we will use to judge others in the future. It has set a high standard. We have no reservations about recommending it to others.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
redroof152, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hickory, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with us. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have shared your compliments with the staff. We do appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to Hickory.
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised from the moment I walked in to the lobby--bright, clean, and up to date. The room was the same--modest but very adequate, appeared recently painted, coordinated furnishings. "New flat screen TV's". Good enough lighting. Reliable wireless. Good shower. The toilet must have a slow leak as it kicked in, loudly, every so often so I turned it off to sleep. The highway was pretty loud from my room but I expected this since the motel is situated so close to it. I would suggest calling the motel directly to get best price, before booking on line.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
redroof152, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hickory, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with us. I have shared your compliments with the staff. I apologize that the toilet in your guestroom was loud and ran continuously. I have notified our maintenance staff regarding this issue and am confident that this is issue will be resolved quickly. We thank you for your business and look forward to seeing you again when you are visiting Hickory.

Robyn Ingalls-GM
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I'd love to give this location the benefit of some doubt, but I didn't enjoy staying here. I was placed in the far, far corner of the hotel on the second floor. The stairway was taped off with caution tape and the light in front of my room was out. I rarely feel like I'm in a horror movie, but I was a bit uncomfortable here. I had to walk around the building to bring up my bags. Wireless was spotty. The room was a bit musty. Just... eh.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
redroof152, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hickory, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. Please accept my apologies that the light outside your door was out. I have notified our maintenance staff regarding this issue and am confident that it will be repaired immediately. I apologize that the staircase closest to your room was blocked off with caution tape as we were repairing a step and painting that staircase. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to you giving us a second chance in the future.

Robyn Ingalls
Vienna
Reviewed June 24, 2012

When we first pulled down our sheets, there were small black hairs in the pillow cases and sheets. We attributed this to probably pet hair. Then we were immediately distracted by a small brown bug. My husband said it was probably just a beetle. Today, my two kids are covered in what we now know are bed bug bites. I would not recommend this Red Roof Inn.

Room Tip: Choose another place to stay. Our children are covered in bites from bed bugs today. We saw one when...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank 97LoriBelle
I appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of the issue regarding your guestroom. I apologize that you experienced an issue. I have taken appropriate steps to contact Gregory our third party vendor to address these concerns. I look forward to you visiting us again in the future.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Besides the usual clean value priced rooms at Red Roof Inns, this one is surrounded by a stand of trees, cutting down the noise from the Interstate. The front desk personnel were competent, friendly, and they sincerely wanted guests to have a good stay. For the price this is a good one with no frills.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank eegegg
redroof152, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hickory, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your compliments with the staff. Thank you for staying with us we appreciate your business. Robyn Ingalls-GM