“You must stay here!!!”

Hampton Inn Hickory
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Hickory
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Wow...what a fabulous place the Hampton Inn in Hickory, NC is! If I could give it more than 5 stars, I would. SO clean, so quiet, so safe, so convenient, great breakfast, great workout area, great indoor pool. You must stay here!!! So close to Lenoir-Rhyne & shopping. One of the nicest places I have stayed in quite awhile!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed October 5, 2013

This was the last stop during my relocation. The property is beautiful and the staff is very proud of their hotel and reputation. They go thaty extra step or two for every guest. If you're in this area, this would be my choice.

Room Tip: Take rooms on the back side of the hotel if you're a light sleeper. This property faces the Inte...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed at this Hampton Inn in late September on a vacation to North Carolina. The room was very large and had a lot of room to move around which I really liked. And the room got really cold at night (good air conditioner) which was great as we like to sleep in a cold room. This was my best nights sleep of our entire trip. Huge shower but it took FOREVER for the water to warm up and even then it wasn't hot. I mentioned this to the front desk and they were going to check into this. We only stayed one night so I don't know if this was corrected. I may be overly critical as I like a really hot shower. A good selection of items at breakfast including cut up fresh fruit which we never see. Yogurt and other healthy choices too. Helpful front desk also recommended a local restaurant for dinner which was excellent. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Very nice hotel. It's a new hotel, located close to the location I was going to for business. The staff was wonderful - friendly, accommodating, and very helpful. For example, the lady checking in gave me directions to several restaurants. Helpful!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Stayed here for one night as part of a road trip through the Carolina's. I had measured expectations but was thoroughly impressed with every aspect of our stay. The welcome was warm and friendly, with knowledgeable recommendations about the local area. The room was quiet, spotlessly clean and beautifully kept. The inn is still new, but there are lot's of thoughtful little touches and flourishes which really lifts this above other similar accommodations. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Staff and Hotel were excellent! Very friendly and accommodating with our team. We had postpone our trip for a day due to weather and the staff was awesome in making that work for us with late notice. The breakfast lady was wonderful and even sent cookies with the team! Would definitely stay again if in the area!

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I love Hampton Inns as a rule and when my manager and I were going to be staying in Hickory, I recommended we try to stay at the Hampton. I was glad we did. It was clean, comfortable and convenient. It was a very pleasant experience.