“Good Stay but could improve”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Quality Suites

Quality Suites
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Hickory
Lillian, Alabama
“Good Stay but could improve”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

Stayed two nights (5/15-16,2014) for a gymnastics meet at the Hickory convention center. Other family member also stayed at this hotel. Upstairs rooms are inside entry, lower floor rooms are outside entry. Both room were large with a sofa-bed, chair, and king bed. Rooms had a refrigerator, microwave, and single cup coffee maker. My TV was old style, families TV was flat screen. The rooms were clean, although beginning to show their age. Breakfast was the usual eggs, sausage, biscuits, cereal, pastries, etc. Nice area covered area outside to eat. It is two story with no elevator. Stair caution - the individual step height is not consistent presenting a trip hazard. There should be a warning notice in the stairwell. Two things for this hotel to consider – leave more than two towels in bathroom. Cancel your membership in the sky high bed club – it is very irritating to sit on the side of the bed when your feet can’t touch the floor and I am not a short women (5’7”). All in all a good experience, with a friendly staff, and convenient location to I-40, shopping, and a wide variety of eateries (some within walking distance). Although very close to I-40 did not hear any road noise.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Sue S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is older, but has been remodeled. Suites are nice and large and room was clean and quiet. Great value for the money-but still waiting to see how breakfast is. So far, I would plan to stay here again if I need a place in Hickory.
I wish the rooms had HD Tvs. That was one bad side of the room.

Stayed May 2014
Laurap536, Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
On your nex visit you must try our breakfast. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do apologize about the TV. We have some rooms with the newer TV'S and hope to have all the rooms updated with the flat screens when the renovations are complete. We hope to see you soon.
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

During a recent two week tour, we stayed in many hotels. This had all the facilities that we wanted and was very clean and tidy. It was at least the equal to more expensive hotels. Certainly value for money and I would recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ChelloFN
Kissimmee, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

The hotel was welcoming from the moment we arrived. Laura accommodated our early arrival with grace and professionalism and we were given a lovely room in no time at all. I do caution anyone with medical issues to call the hotel beforehand and request a ground floor room as the hotel does not have elevators. The rooms were clean and comfortable and well stocked. We only stayed for two nights while visiting family but I would definitely stay here again when next in the Hickory area.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are interior corridors while downstairs rooms are parking lot access.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank posfur
Laurap536, Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience about your stay at the Quality Suites. We appreciate your commest and will share them with the staff. It is always encouraging to hear that you have done well. We thank you for being our guest and look forward to seeing you in the future.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

Clean, recently renovated, extremely pleasant staff, hot breakfast , nice grounds. Pool renovation was being completed with a large pool deck. A very pleasant place to stay. Did I mention how nice and accommodating the staff was?!

Room Tip: We had a King room which included a relaxing "living room" area separated by a partial wal...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Laurap536, Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thank you for coming to the Hickory area and staying with us. We hope that you will be in our area again and get the opportunity to be our guests again. Thank you for your compliments. They are greatly appreciated by the entire staff.
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Spent one night at this hotel in Hickory and I was very pleased with my stay. We arrived early and were able to get into a room before regular check-in. We were also upgraded to a whirlpool room (which we didn't have time to take advantage of.) The lobby was nicely set up and check-in was simple. We were given a map with directions to the workout room and shown where breakfast was in the morning, although we weren't able to participate in either. The room was very clean, spacious and had everything we needed for one night. Of course there was some wear and tear but nothing worth mentioning. We were happy to have a fridge and were surprised how comfortable our bed was. I would definitely recommend this hotel when visiting the Hickory, NC area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Meredith S
Laurap536, Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thank you for being our guest and thank you for your thoughtful review. It is very encouraging to hear from our guests that they have enjoyed their stay with us. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Raeford, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

I stayed here last weekend and was given a price quote after calling in my reservation. When I got there I signed for the appropriate charge. The room was surprisingly nice and I anticipated having a nice stay. The staff was fairly friendly.

After I returned home I noticed there was less money in my bank account than I anticipated. When I checked out the charges this hotel charged me $250 more than the agreed on and quoted price! That means for 2 nights they were expecting me to pay almost $500. This is absolutely absurd and I caution anyone who makes transactions with this hotel.

For anyone who reads this from the hotel, I would be happy to amend this review if this money gets returned to me.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Lauren9912
Laurap536, AGM at Quality Suites, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear Fraudulent charges,
We have not had anyone contact us concerning unauthorized charges. Please contact the hotel immediately so that we may rectify this situation. We would also like to apologize for any misunderstantings.