“No problems here, nice stay”
Review of Quality Suites

Quality Suites
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Hickory
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stayed one night passing through. Found this a refreshing, clean and comfortable place to rest. Beds were especially comfy, liked pillows a lot. Breakfast was tasty and assortment plentiful. Location was good, easy off and on I-40. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Laurap536, Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. We are happy that you enjoyed your breakfast and that you found the beds and bedding comfortable. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Ignore all bad complaints, because I think they are unfounded. The stay here was great with nice clean rooms and lobby. The rooms felt large and they had commercial grade mattress covers under the sheets. The staff went the extra mile to help me with my stay. The breakfast was good and with a lot of choices to choose from. For my next stay through town this hotel will be my first choice.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Joshua S
Laurap536, Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. It is always a pleasure to hear that a guest has enjoyed their stay with us. It is both rewarding and encouraging for all our staff. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times on my travels across I-40. Thank you to Lisa Shaw for a friendly welcome and great breakfast service on August 16. The rooms were very comfortable and accommodating. I like the courtyard style design of the hotel campus.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Andre D

Dear Andrea D
I apologize for not responding sooner. I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. Thank you for your wonderful compliments. Thank you also for acknowledging Lisa, our breakfast attendant and the wonderful job she is doing. We hope to see you on your next trip.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

All staff members made my visit very pleasant with thier "customer first" attitude..
Specail Thanks to Lisa Shaw from the kitchen who greeted us every morning at breakfast with a grat smile and beautiful personality.

Room Tip: Staff made my stay like "Home away from Home"
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

We would like to thank you for your thoughtful comments and would also like to thank your entire group for staying with us. It is very rewarding to hear that you have please someone, and awesome to hear that you have please an entire group. We hope that if the need should arise in the future we will have you as guests again.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

After having trouble with our first reservations in Hickory, I called the Quality Suites and asked for a block of rooms. The group reservationist Laura was so helpful, even though we were booking at such a late date. Upon arrival at the hotel, we were told they had put the entire group on the same hall in the recently updated rooms. The rooms were great, large, with comfortable beds. I even heard how comfortable the pull out couch was. Very clean. Breakfast was another plus. Hot eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, fruit, hot coffee, etc. They kept it well stocked all morning long. The only complaint I heard from our group was that the AC in some of the rooms wasn't cooling as well. Some had to purchase fans to keep their rooms cool, and we wished they had queens beds instead of full size beds. All in all, though a great little find.

Room Tip: Ask for the renovated rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mandy H
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I were driving through NC and looked on our Garmin for a place to stay in Hickoru, NC. We were pleasantly surprised with our room, bed was comfortable, room was decently clean except for a few stains in the carpet, and extra space in the room was a plus. I was a little disappointed that I couldn't access Wi-Fi from the room, but had no problem in the lobby. Breakfast was good. We'll stay here again if we are ever passing through the area. The lady at the desk was friendly and helpful.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Martie H
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Best hotel value in Hickory! I have stayed in this Quality Inn over 50 nights the past 2 years. It used to be Comfort Suites so it is very upscale for a Quality Inn!! Many of the rooms have been recently renovated with new carpet, granite counter tops, flat screen TVs, higher beds, new furniture....everything! The staff is outstanding and very courteous and the new management team brought in 2 years ago is great. They have really made it a better place.

Ask if one of the newly renovated rooms is available upon check-in. Although there are no elevators, the 2nd floor rooms are quieter since there is no one above you.

There are several restaurants within walking distance which is great when you are pulling a trailer and don't want to have to drive for a meal. There is a Cracker Barrel adjacent to the hotel! Other restaurants within 200 yards walking distance include Kobe Japanese, Hooter's, Waffle House, Zaxby's and Outback Steakhouse.

Room Tip: Ask if a newly renovated room on the east side is available upon check-in.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business