“Good job!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Had the black bean burger. Pretty good. Nice to see somewhere with vegetarian options. Heather was awesome! Thanks for the advice on apartment hunting!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

The "Tap Room" is by far the most successful, well-known, popular place in Hickory. They brew their own beer and seem to have 15 or more to offer. A good steady wait staff who know their business. They also have THE BEST GRILLED CHICKEN SANDWICH ANYWHERE! It's huge...wonderful flavor... obviously I love it! Seems like everyone knows where the "Tap Room" is... Sunday night jazz night. Bands on Th, Sat. also. A must-visit if you're in Hickory.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

I'm a long time customer and Hickory native and usually am satisfied with my visit, I always end up going back when I'm home. Good beer selection and pretty reasonable prices, happy to support a local restaurant with locally brewed beers. Building is aging, so some unavoidable signs of wear, men's bathroom is quite dirty.

Most of the time it's business as usual. Latest visit was disappointing as the service was very poor. Different beer than ordered, wrong sandwich, and largely ignored by waitress. Not fair to let the latest visit weigh more than the others, but service has been mostly good over the years.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

I went during lunch time on a week day. The place was surprisingly busy but the staff was very friendly. I ordered the BBQ sandwich but got the buffalo chicken sandwich instead, not being a buffalo sauce person, I was Leary, but it was really really good and I'm glad she heard the order wrong! I also tried a few of the local brews and bought a growler of the Ruby Lager, which is probably my favorite beer ever! I can't wait to visit again.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We came here with some friends from Hickory who recommended it. It was rather late at night, but we got good, efficient service. I had a nice beer and a cheese burger. The fish and chips was really good with light crispy breading. A Caesar salad with with smoked and fried oysters was fantastic. The prices were very reasonable. All in all, this is one of the best brew pub type places we have ever experienced. We plan to visit our friends in Hickory again, and we will definitely come back to this place.