“Nice place!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: HWY 127
Description: We want your dining experience to be something to shout about-always. We encourage you to break the rules. That's why we have dessert first on the menu and not last. We believe everyone deserves an enjoyable, amazing dining experience. That's why we strive for excellence in the quality of our food and service. We do our very best to constantly surpass our own accomplishments and move forward to be the best of the best. We believe everyone should make, break, set and never settle on the rules. This is Cafe Rule.
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Me and my hubby enjoyed the meal. I had feta and spinach pizza and husband had shrimp and grits. Both were great! More expensive than I would normally spend but nice atmosphere and staff was great. I also had a chocolate martini......yummy!

There are newer reviews for Youssef 242

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Took the wife to be on our first date there, walked in and was able to get a table fairly quickly as it wasnt too busy. We both were really excited about eating here as neither of us had ever been. I knew from other people who had told me that it was a very expensive place to eat but since it was going to be a one off I decided to push the boat out. We ordered the humus that was tasty and started off the meal nicely, for a main we both got the chicken. It was very average. A roasted chicken breast which was quite flavorless which came with some very small sweet potato cubes that must have been very difficult to chop up so perfectly into these small edible cubes. It wasn't the best of main courses to say the bill came to over $100 for both of us with only two blue moons. I doubt I will ever eat here again despite other people saying good things our experience showed us the food wasnt worth the price.

Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Found this place on TA while shopping for furniture in hickory. What a pleasant departure from all the chain restaurants. A little off the beaten path but worth the extra 5 min to get there. Lovely, varied lunch menu and all our choices were fresh, well prepared and presented. Don't say no to the offer of cheddar biscuits and pepper jelly before the meal. The jelly is homemade and packs a sweet and delicious kick!

1  Thank Carol G
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I was here for a association conference and the place is so different than what you have in Hickory. Neatly tucked to a corner with ample parking. The decor and ambiance is warm.
The food was great. I would recommend it to everyone who wants some fine dining.

3  Thank Peaceful H
Reviewed November 17, 2013

While traveling through Hickory and staying overnight, we picked Youssef 242, based on the reviews and ranking on TripAdvisor. We were expecting a Mediterranean-influenced restaurant, and this is not what the menu is. The atmosphere is very trendy and the food screams farm-to-table. Regarding the name of the restaurant—the source of our misconception—our waitress revealed that it was in honor of the prior owner, who was running more of a café than a restaurant. Regardless, we enjoyed the food that we got and were glad that we came to that restaurant.

1  Thank DJinNashville