“WONDERFUL FOOD even for the price!”

Carrabba's Italian Grill
Ranked #19 of 282 Restaurants in Hickory
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The food was wonderful, so I see why the price is so high! I love that they let you watch them prepare the food. I would eat there more often if I could afford it.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I initially drove past this chain, preferring to head for local establishments. Little did I know that it was prom night in town and every restaurant in town was packed. So, I headed back to my hotel thinking I would get something to eat in my room. Next to my hotel was Carrabba's. On a chance, I walked in. This place was also packed, but there was room at the 'bar', a free standing island with stools. This was fine with me.

I was waited upon within a few minutes. They had the upper end Scotch I drink - that was a surprise. The menu seemed pedestrian. I had the calamari which was done the way I prefer it. Once that was picked up, the salad was delivered within another couple of minutes. When I finished, the plate was cleared within a minute. Then again, within a few minutes my main dish was delivered. I had Chicken Bryan - one breast with sun dried tomatoes, goat cheese, and garlic mashed potatoes. The chicken dish was very, very good. If they had this chain in my hometown, I would go there periodically, just for this dish.

My waitress was pleasant, prompt, courteous, and knowledgeable. She deserved the 20% I gave her. I was pleased with the overall service, considering the place was chocker-block full. Many establishments half this full cannot get the timing of their plate deliveries down this well.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We ate well and will do it again. The food is authentic italian, the prices are right, but the wine by the glass could be filled a little more. Our appetizer was great and the pasta was perfect.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Dependable, solid Italian food. Good service, good food... hey, it's Carrabba's. It won't blow you away, but it's not likely to disappoint either. This place is always busy when I've stopped by. If you go on Friday or Saturday especially, go before 5:00pm or plan on a 90+ minute wait. (It's not so good that it's worth that kind of wait to me.)

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I ordered carry out online from this place then walked across parking lot from my hotel to pick it up while traveling on business in Hickory. Great people helping at carry out desk. My ice cream actually stayed cold as they packed it separately from my hot food. Love the Cavatappi and fresh hot bread.