“My worse dining experience”

East Coast Wings & Grill
Ranked #132 of 286 Restaurants in Hickory
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I took 2 friends to lunch today at East Coast Wings & Grill in Hickory. Since they were on their lunch hour from work we were disappointed when the food took so long to be served. One person ordered fried chicken fingers only to be served grilled. Didn't have time to wait on what was ordered with the already long wait. I was served the worse potato soup I've attempted to eat, I could not get beyond 2 bites. I asked for something else and received COLD fries and asked if it were possible to have hot fries. I did receive hot fries but by then was finish with my 1/2 sandwich. Another person received the same soup and left his entire full bowl of soup on the table, server never asked if there was an issue for him with the soup as I had. Twice I had to find the server to help us. Worse service and food I've ever had anywhere. Staff didn't care that we had so many problems and were very disappointed in both the service and food.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We went on a Monday night, our first time, and it took a while to read thru all the flavors. Our waitress was very helpful and eventually we figured out what we wanted. It was .55 cent per wing so we ordered 20 for the two of us in each of mild buffalo, sweet bbq whiskey sauce, Mardigras. The mild were good but not saucy enough so they brought me extra sauce (no charge), the sweet bbq whiskey and Mardigras were both very good. We also had a basket of their homemade chips which were plenty. What impressed me is that they don't charge extra for the ranch like other wing places - they set a bottle on the table to help yourself. They have a huge variety of wings, and there is an extra cost if you get a premium flavor but only about .05 cents. Our total dinner with 20 wings, basket of chips and 2 soda's was $25. We felt it was a great deal - the wings were huge so we could've done with less wings. Definite repeat for us.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I was not that impressed. It was certainly more quiet that "Buffalo Wild Wings", but the wings were tough and not nearly as flavorful as BWW. I did try the "Insanity" wing at the end of my meal and that was a huge mistake. I am a big fan of really hot, and even dabble with "ghost chillies", but this one wing,,,,,,,that required signing a release, wearing gloves, being watched, and having to wash face and hands afterwards was just plain lethal. I ate it, but it felt like I had swallowed acid. The burn kept moving down and had me a bit worried. I think I am ok now with the exception of the now gaping hole in my abdomen. I think it may have been marinated in capsacian oil and dipped in dried habenero powder. It had no flavor. Just Hotttt.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I go to this place on a normal basis. I actually visited my first time before their Grand Opening! I think that their wings are okay, but I hardly ever order the wings. Mainly because why would I go somewhere to have the same ol' wings that I can get at Buffalo's or Zaxby's. Yea they have over 75 flavors, I tried it once but it wasn't what it's cracked up to be and I'm not a big wing eater.

BUT keep in mind, many many items on their menu is delish! Some of my favorite things are: California Panini, Cheeseburger Quesadilla, Buffalo Fingers Plate ( I get 5, and generally am stuff after 3). My favorite appetizers: Bean Stalks, Cheese Sticks, Southwest Eggrolls, and Loaded Nachos!

They have pretty good beer specials once in a while, and their mixed drinks are very good.

My most favorite thing about ECW is their rewards card, I have had it from the beginning! For every $100 you spend, you save $5. It use to be that you saved $10 but that was an introductory rewards...too bad! But still with as often as I go, the $5 is awesome.

The servers are generally easy on the eyes (both men and women). Although I noticed at first they use to wear very skimpy shorts, but recently they have been wearing a bit longer of shorts or even pants. It is a family restaurant so I see dressing a little covered up to be a bit more appropriate, as it isn't Hooters.

Usually we are served with friendly and fast service.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Was completely let down. The wings were hard and dry. The fries were withered and cold. I got the lava bleu burger which was extremely salty. Barely any bleu taste. After reviewing the menu, drinks, & prices, I thought I'd found a new hangout but this one visit... Not great at all. Service was average, atmosphere was the norm.