“It's good, but not great.”

Thai Lotus Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 276 Restaurants in Hickory
Cuisines: Thai
Hickory, North Carolina
“It's good, but not great.”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I like the atmosphere in Thai Lotus (we've been in this place many time through its various ownerships and name changes), its pretty inside, the staff is very friendly. The food is underwhelming. It's good, but not great. The presentation is nice but the flavor is just not there. The tulip dumplings had very little flavor, though the dipping sauce was good. My Pad Thai was just ok, I have had better, I make better. Nothing to write home about. My son got Pad See Ew. It had excellent flavor but lacked salt.

• Visited October 2012

Hickory, North Carolina
“Decent, but better Thai food across the street.”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

This restaurant is quite average. I agree with other reviewers that it is comfortable, has quiet interior, and certainly attentive service. The food is only average though.

The Thai Dumplings looked and tasted very generic, and both my wife and I were quite disappointed with the bland tasting Pad Thai. My son ordered the Pad See Ew, which was probably the best thing at the table.

I doubt we'll be back simply because we can just go to the best Thai restauant in Hickory, right across the street!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank GEHky913
Hickory, North Carolina
“Delicious, fresh food, excellent service”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Thai Lotus is a jewel. This privately-owned restaurant offers authentic Thai cuisine that is fresh, hot, delicious and beautifully presented. Molly and her staff are friendly and professional. We had a private dinner party of 10, and all the orders arrived perfectly prepared and wonderfully hot. The restaurant is quiet and so comfortable, a place to relax and dine rather than eat and run. Did I mention the prices are very reasonable? They are! Plan to have lunch or dinner and enjoy the best Thai food in Hickory.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Sue B
SC
“Exceptional!”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

This place was great all the way around. The food was fresh and delicious. Just perfect! Our server was very accomodating and lovely. This is a great place to eat. The price was right. We were there apparently well after the crowd. Nobody in the place and after tasting their food, I can't imagine why! This place is just amazing! It must be a secret or word has just not gotten out yet. There is another Thai place just across the street that is good, but this place is even better. If you ever go to Hickory, try the Thai Lotus. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank ShowDogCrazy
Hickory, North Carolina, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authentic Thai”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We were told by others that know the difference that we should try the Thai Lotus because it was very authentic to actual Thai cooking. We tried it out and have been back twice since. Great Thai food, excellent friendly service, uncrowded dining rooms, and extremely reasonable prices. I've been to the main other two Thai restaurants here and they're good as well, but I'll continue to dine at the Lotus rather than return to them.

• Visited March 2012