“Authentic, delicious German fare.”
Review of Old German Schnitzel Haus - CLOSED

Old German Schnitzel Haus
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is our go-to for special occasions or when we get a craving for authentic Bavarian style German food. We have never been disappointed. Service is awesome & atmosphere is great also. They do prefer reservations, but you can call anytime and check their availability. As long as they have space, they'll seat you. Hands down, the best German food I've had in the states. Great beer selection also. Check their soup of the day also. Lots of great choices. Yummy, yummy, yummy!

1  Thank AUBURNJILL

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This place is truly authentic to German cuisine. The ambiance is nice, service good and the food - very German. They even had a frog leg appetizer which I had to try - tasted good. The schnitzels are great and they even have giant beer steins for mass quantities of beer.

1  Thank Fly-Harley
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This by far is the absolute place to eat I have Western North Carolina. I first ate there in 2006 the and the food is still awesome. I strongly recommend the Jager Schnitzel. Every one has that special place you eat on a special day and I can say the Haus is mine. The Spate is excellent as well.

2  Thank saybo
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Every time I visit from Boston to see family, we try to make a visit here every time. We started to dine at their original location when it used to be located within a strip mall. The only time we were unable to be seated is because we did not know that on Friday and Saturday nights you need to make reservations (Last time we made that mistake).

Unfortunately if you are looking for fast food service, then visit a plain standard restaurant. This place is for people to go and enjoy a night out and not be in a rush. The food is awesome and the wait staff will do their best to make you feel welcome. We as Americans always seem to be in a rush, relax; enjoy an ice cold liter of beer and take part in the authentic German style! Hope you enjoy it as much as we do. (For those who had a bad experience the first time, try it again, I know you will enjoy it the second time around)

1  Thank Bostonian451
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Fantastic food and great service. Really don't want to rush through this restaurant. Relax and enjoy the atmosphere as well as the freshly prepared from authentic German recipes. My favorite is any of the veal dishes but the sauerbraten has received rave review from people eating with me as have the desserts.

1  Thank Betty G