“Oktoberfest Dining”

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Went with a group of High SChool alumni from Germany! We were very pleased with the quality of the food and friendly staff. It was my second visit here and I will be back, even though I live over 160 miles away!

1  Thank coach38nc

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Invited 4 friends for something different, for them. Everyone, including miss fussy loved the flavors. Many choices of veal, pork, sausage, chicken and even vegetarian. Only open for dinner now. Waiter very attentive even with full house. Beer on tap was outstanding!

1  Thank JJ L
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Oktoberfest! Its last weekend here in Hickory. We made reservations and were told there would be a Polka Band and a lot of music. We discovered a single accordion player who was on break when we got there, and for the first 30 minutes of our evening. When he did appear, he played and sang but stayed in another part of the cafe. We, and those around us were not part of the musical action. We were disappointed.
dOur meal began with a very nice pretzel with frisky mustard, delicious! Next was a fine salad (we ordered the small salad) but with an enormous number of cucumber slices - I removed 24 of them. We both ordered bratwurst with home-fried potatoes and sauerkraut, and a side dish of spaetzle. Bratwurst was delicious. A tangy mustard, served in a paper ramekin made it even better. Sauerkraut had been bewitched with magic. It don’t get no better than that! The home-fries were a disappointment. Not crisp at all, no flavor and mushy. Besides, they covered half the plate! The spaetzle was plain, except for a lot of paprika. Beer selection (and wine) was good. Mostly German beers and wines, but that’s great. Especially in Oktober.

1  Thank Fauxtaographer
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We took my father in law here for his birthday, a very large party so there were many different dishes served. You couldn't go wrong with the schnitzel with any beer. Everything else was either not good or just ok. I was honestly disappointed because I had read so many good things....

1  Thank jmeNC1027
Reviewed October 13, 2012

One of my favorite meals of the year is on New Years Day when my Dad makes his Pork & Sauerkraut. (A Frank Family Tradition).........I can't WAIT to bring him here.

Everything was delicious! My wife and I started off with the Potato Pancakes and Pretzels, we loved them both! She ordered a Beef and Red Cabbage dish, while I elected to go with the Roast Pork and Sauerkraut. We thoroughly enjoyed everything.

We dined during Oktoberfest, so the restaurant was packed and the atmosphere was festive. Service was great.

Hickory is Sooooooo lucky to have this fine establishment as a dining option. I highly recommend frequent visits. Try EVERYTHING!

3  Thank Thedaveman