“Delicious ”
Review of Josh's on Union Square - CLOSED

Josh's on Union Square
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: As you will notice in the following reviews we are a little bit of everything for everbody. So just come and have a great time and leave the rest of the world at the door. "Chef Josh Phillips"
Huntsville, Alabama
“Delicious ”
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

I've heard my parents talk about this place since it opened and I finally got a chance to try it when I went home. AMAZING! My dad raved about the beef short ribs and they were fantastic...very flavorful and so tender. The mac and cheese and sage fried corn were great. Definitely on the list of restaurants to go to when I go home! I see a few other reviews commenting on price but I'm willing to pay for a good meal and Josh's does not disappoint!

1 Thank Knmarsh

Frederick, Maryland
“Second time around”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We were back in town and included Josh's as one of our restaurant stops in Hickory. Better waiter - actually he was great. Better food (except my friend's grouper that tasted fishy). The menu is still varied and creative. Had a great crispy duck with blueberry gastrique. The spinach salad with feta included onions that seemed to be sauteed with a heavy mustard. I thought it overpowered the salad but my friend liked the onions. The asparagus was delicious and the chocolate bread pudding with chocolate sauce - terrific. Not a big fan of white chocolate, I asked them to omit that element of the usual style of serving, so what I had was not as listed. We'll be back again. Josh's on Union Square is a nice choice of the handful of home grown restaurants in town.
BTW - their wine list is adequate although not large. The Spanish Monte Oton Garnache was very good with the duck and it moderated the salad I found a bit strong. I barely had enough left to finish with my chocolate, but it was a nice pairing as well.

• Visited June 2014
Hickory, North Carolina
“Always Fresh and Delicious!”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Josh's is one of the best restaurant's in Hickory. The food is always very good. Josh is a creative chef. He uses fresh ingredients and can easily accommodate dietary restrictions. It's a small place so be sure to make a reservation. Great location on Union Square!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank CWMitchell
“Top two”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Josh's is either first or second for upscale dining in Hickory. Well prepared food and great service. Excellent value.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Philip H
“Outstanding”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is my favorite place for a special occasion like an anniversary or birthday. The chef is wonderfully creative, the service is excellent, and the atmosphere is intimate and quiet. I strongly recommend their Cosmopolitan.

• Visited July 2013