“Wonderful!”
Review of Josh's on Union Square - CLOSED

Josh's on Union Square
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: As you will notice in the following reviews we are a little bit of everything for everbody. So just come and have a great time and leave the rest of the world at the door. "Chef Josh Phillips"
Reviewed July 28, 2012

New to the area, this is one place we hit while out exploring. It was wonderful! The place setting is 'Picasso' style and the sides are served family style - each order gets two sides and they are placed in the center to share. An excellent idea when you want to sample the menu! The food was awesome as was the service and the location can't be beat! I would highly recommend dropping by and giving Josh's a try!

Reviewed July 27, 2012

As a foodie, I always want to try the best of the best, which is why we ended up a Josh's. The highlights were talking food with Executive Chef Josh at a table right by his cooking station, and having him hand or slide the food to us, and the veggies. Not that the meat part of my meal was poor, mind you, but was just a bit plain after the tastyness of the veggies. I do alot of cooking myself, I am a hard judge as I fix the same type of lamb chops at home that I had at Josh's. Of course, I am not running a business where I don't know what people will order from night to night and can do things at home to make the evenings meal a bit more special. Will try the duck or scallops the next time...my wife said her salmon was great.

The only real downside of the evening was the wine list, which really could use an upgrade/overhaul. We knew this from other reviews, but I want to highlight this so that Josh and the Owner can turn this around. Even offered up a Pinot Noir suggestion on our bill, but don't know how that was received as I may have gone from preaching to meddling !!!

The place was packed by the time we left with plenty of locals (a great indicator) and the energy was just right. Would visit again without hesitation, just will get martini's the next time!!!!

Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

Located on a pedestrian area next to a parking lot - very pleasant restaurant. Perfect for lunch - excellent fresh grilled fish, great salads etc.- full bar - reasonable prices.

Go here!

Reviewed July 10, 2012

This restaurant is absolutely amazing compared to the other choices here in Hickory. Great quality for the price. I could not have asked for more.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

driving from jersey (exit 172) to atlanta, we stopped for the night in hickory, NC. Josh's was recommended. now when i order a steak in a restuarant, i'm expecting a 16 oz piece of beef.. ok, maybe 14 or at least 12 oz. but 5 oz, maybe 6? not enough eventhough it was a great and tasty piece of meat. wife had salmon, also wonderful but petite..the vegie sides equally tasty but again, wheres the rest of it? and if i'm paying $70 for dinner, i don't want to be told that bread or chips is $1 extra.. come on now.. sping for some bread. we also found it amusing that the very nice waitress asked if we wanted the dessert menu when we were not finished eating dinner... maybe that's how things are done in hickory. i find it weird.

2  Thank alfnot1111