“Worst restaurant ever!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Hickory, North Carolina
“Worst restaurant ever!”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

To start out our waiter was unfamiliar and seemed in too big of a hurry to help us with the menu. My family and I were the only ones in the restaurant at lunch, this should have been my first sign. The building smells and is in much need of renovations. We had to wait 30+ mins for our food. I wouldn't have minded if the food had been worth eating. I ordered fajitas. There was no taste and they were cold. The tortilla wraps were gluey and looked similar to grocery store quality. My son's $5 corn dog was tough and overcooked. We actually had to go find somebody to get us a drink refill. The salsa is nothing to brag about either. When I asked to speak to a manager he wasn't exactly helpful either. He agreed when I said our waiter was the most unprofessional person I have ever met. Maybe it was due to the age of the building but the smell and appearance just made the restaurant appear dirty. To end the experience our waiter asked what the problem was, and I told him everything. He said sorry and just stood by the table while we gathered our coats to leave. I felt like he was trying to intimidate me. This will certainly be one restaurant I will never eat at again and I hope to warn as many people as possible.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank SamanthaP03

Dublin, Ohio
“Incredible Mexican Restaurant”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We were enroute from Gatlinburg to Williamsburg. Our GPS directed us to another Mexican restaurant at the same exit of I-40. We stopped here because we came to it first. We are really glad we did. Amy, our server, greeted us as soon as we entered and were seated. She was cordial, knowledgeable and helpful. As we entered the restaurant, we saw the phrase "The Home of Mild to Wild Mexican Food" displayed prominently.

I was intrigued by this notation in the menu,"At Max' when we say "Mild to Wild", that is what we mean....Just ask your server to make it "wild", which I did. It was great. My wife had her meal mild, which is how she likes it, so we know they can and will accommodate all tastes.

It is refreshing to find a restaurant to versatile and so accommodating. This is definitely worth visiting.

• Visited November 2013
Rock Hill, South Carolina
“OK, plain entrees, bad salsa”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

First, the server, Cameron, is top-notch. The food is reasonably good, pretty plain, standard Americanized mexican food. Kids love it! Nothing looked fresh, so there's no heat when you ask for it hot. Even the salad was shredded lettuce. On a Friday at noon there were very few customers because on down the road was a newer looking mexican restaurant full of customers.

• Visited October 2013
Hickory, North Carolina, United States
“Not the best Mexican food”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

There are much better choices. We moved here from Texas and were not impressed with their menu or their flavor!

Visited August 2012
Conover, North Carolina
“Same place every time”
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Hadn't been there in years.. Always loved the macho nachos, so I stopped in for a plate and they were as good as always.. friendly staff, place may be alittle old OK a lot old but it has been there forever which means they're doing something right..

• Visited June 2013