“Wow what great service”

Crowne Plaza Hickory I-40
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Hickory
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Front desk above and beyond expectations. Great greeting and great service! Rooms are spacious and very clean. Bedding is soft and comfortable, pillows await a great nights sleep. Bathroom and amenities as expected. Overall experience great. Try the breakfast buffet, cannot be beat for $10 and sometimes included with your rate!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Benjamin H, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hickory I-40, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Thank you cruizn302 for taking the time to post your review. We really appreciate your feedback and will be sure the staff sees your review. We hope to see you soon. Thank you.

Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

I am currently sitting in this hotel as I type. It is awful. Extremely moldy in my room, which has caused some sort of respiratory infection. Bed is comfortable, but that's the only good thing. Request an interior room if at all possible. I'm so thankful this is my last night!!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank rachel1021
Benjamin H, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hickory I-40, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Thank you rachel1021 for taking the time to post your review during your stay with us. The safety and health of our guests are our top priority. When it is brought to our attention we will correct the situation to ensure the rest of your stay is satisfactory. I apologize that the room you were assigned to did not meet our standards and we will use your feedback to improve our inspection process. Thank you again for taking the time to post your review.

Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

I was in an exterior room facing the highway. The traffic was extremely noisy all night long. Service was good. Polite employees. The bed was comfortable, however, the room smelled musty and damp, kind of like a moldy basement.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

We spent a Friday night there and I was underwhelmed. Yes...clean beds and a clean bathroom but our room was facing a major road--practically on the road! It was ridiculously noisy! You could hear trucks braking...beeping into the wee hours. I was too tired to move rooms with my young sons and husband. I regret now not doing so. If you stay. .request an inside room faaar away from the road.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Benjamin H, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hickory I-40, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Thank you momontheloose for taking the time to post your review. The traffic noise is a challenge we face on the weekends when our hotel has high occupancy. I apologize for any inconvenience it caused during your stay. If you are in the Hickory area again we will designate your room to an interior room away from noise. Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

We stayed here during a business conference. The rooms were dated but comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. The location is great...right off of I-40 and close to major shopping areas. Business center needs to update functions and programs. No flash player. The conference was well run and staff was prepared for us. Bathrooms could've been cleaner but bed was clean and comfortable with extra pillows. Fridge and microwave in room, hairdryer and lighted makeup mirror.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Benjamin H, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hickory I-40, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

CATHYRT, we appreciate the time you took to review our hotel and the suggestion you made about making flash player available in our business center. It is good to hear that your room was comfortable and the conference you had here with us went well. We hope to see you in the future with us again. Thank you again for your time and helpful suggestions.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Everyone was really polite and nice. The room was perfect and comfortable! I slept great and had no problem with the internet connection. The breakfast was tasty too. There are tons of great restaurants close by. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Swill_11, the time you took to review our hotel is greatly appreciated. We are pleased to hear that your stay was comfortable and pleasant and that the amenities were to your liking. Thank you for reviewing our hotel.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

A special thanks to Jason Coleman and Granny Mabel for making our golf trip enjoyable. These two employees catered to our needs and were very pleasant to be around. They insured that we had a good experience and continually checked on us to see if we needed anything. Our rooms were all close together and the bar area was convenient for gathering and discussing the day's events. Again, thanks.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Benjamin H, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hickory I-40, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

We are pleased to hear that you had a great experience during your recent visit at our hotel. Jason and Miss Mable are great assets to our hotel and we will be sure they see your review. Thank you for taking the time to post your review Fred C.