“Crown Plaza - Hickory, NC”

Crowne Plaza Hickory I-40
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Hickory
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Great hotel, very nice amenities however the staff was absolutely OUTSTANDING. Everyone was very helpful and nice during our conference. Unfortunately I locked my keys in my car, they had numbers for locksmiths readily available, they made sure I was very well taken care of during this stressful time.
Also there were restaurants in walking distance. Outback and Roadhouse. Also the breakfast buffet was excellent and very affordable.
I highly recommend staying at this hotel if you are in the Hickory area,

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Benjamin H, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hickory I-40, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Thank you Byron P for taking the time to fill out a review on our hotel. We are pleased to hear that the time you spent with us was enjoyable. I am sorry to hear about your keys being locked in your car and I am glad to know that our staff are taking care of the guests in the manner that they should in such a stressful situation. We hope to see you again in the future and thank you again for choosing our hotel for you stay.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Nice clean hotel. Very friendly staff that was willing to go out of their way to make sure your stay was pleasant. Lisa Brooks was excellent! Would recommend this hotel to any friends or families traveling. Food done by Chef was very good.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Hello Jennifer B and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear that our staff took care of you and were doing so in a friendly manner. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

This is an older Holiday Inn property that has changed names a few times. It is clean, but if you were hoping for a newer property, this is not it. Also know they do have a portion of the hotel that has outside entrances. For women traveling for business, please know this. When I booked a hotel room these were noted.

Service at check in and breakfast the next morning were excellent. Bedding and beds were comfortable, but the carpet was clearly past it's prime and contained a "smell". Room was overall clean. When in the area again, I will consider this location but perhaps ask for a room with newer carpet/updated. I didn't feel I could walk around bare footed.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you orreo5859 for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate you feedback on the carpet in our hotel. We recently have been working to install new carpet to update the facilities and appologize that at the time of your stay you were not comfortable with our carpet in the rooms. Additionally, we appreciate the positive feedback as well about the service of our employees, breakfast, and bedding. We hope to see you staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Although not exactly what I was expecting, I was satisfied. The hotel lobby and atrium is very inviting and open. The front desk staff was courteous and efficient. I started to get concerned when I saw how dirty the carpet was in the hallway leading to the guest room. Even though the carpet in the room was dirty as well, the bathroom and beds were clean. I was expecting a little more quality from the room furniture, however it was clean and in good shape. I would not recommend this hotel for families or romantic getaways but for business travelers it is just fine.

1  Thank Connoisseur72
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hickory I-40, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear Connoisseur72,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. I truly apologize for the not up to par experience you had during you stay with us. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Our football team enjoyed their stay. From the time we arrive, the hotel staff was friendly and helpful in ever way. Our guys enjoyed the rooms and the whole atmosphere was AWESOME. The meeting space was large enough to accommodate our whole team and staff. The booking process was pleasant considering it was a last minute decision.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Benjamin H, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hickory I-40, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Thank you Arnez G for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. It was our pleasure to host your football team and we are very happy to hear the guys enjoyed the accommodations and the staff. I am very pleased the meeting space was sufficient for your team and I hope everything was successful. We look forward to doing business with you in the future and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have been coming to Hickory for the past 6 years and nearly every time I stay at the Crowne Plaza. By far the best feature of this property is the staff. To a person, they go out of their way to welcome and support every guest. Multiple conference rooms make meetings of any size possible.

What keeps me from a full '5' rating is that the facility is very dated and really needs a full renovation. I have had loud AC / Heating units, broken shower heads, difficult thermostats and other small annoyances, but these are all things that are able to be corrected. (And again, the staff is very accomodating.)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you Mark S for taking the time to post a review about your experiences at our property. We appreciate your kind words in regards to our staff. We take great pride in the customer service we deliver to guests. I do apologize for the annoyances you have had in the past, and although small - we take all feedback very seriously. Thank you for your loyalty to our property over the years Mark S, and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I and my wife travelled from the UK (via Toronto) to run a 3-day Pencil Drawing workshop at the SALT Block and chose the Crowne Plaza for two simple reasons... we could use the Hickory Hop bus to and from Charlotte Airport, and it was the only hotel to have its own restaurant. I don't drive in the US and I do like to eat!

What we didn't know is that this hotel is also the best we have ever stayed at - and we've stayed at many US and Canadian hotels over the past few years.

It's difficult to know where to begin...
-- It's friendly (very!)

-- Accommodating (we were offered the use of the shuttle every day to get to our venue, and the local shopping mall)

-- Very nicely designed in a quirky but interesting way (that's the artist in me!)

-- The staff were brilliant in every respect, especially Juleigh who couldn't do enough for us.

-- On days that the restaurant was closed, we ate from the same delicious menu at the bar or in the lounge. First-class food and varied. The breakfasts were equally as good.

-- Bad points... there simply weren't any.

-- Stay there again? You bet!

And that's just scratching the surface...

Room Tip: The rooms are rather spread out on two floors but easy to get to, even if you don't use the elev...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you MikeSibley for taking the time to post your experience with us at our hotel. Might I add, I thoroughly enjoyed reading your detailed review! We appreciate your kind comments in regards to the design of the accommodations along with the friendliness of our staff. Our complimentary shuttle service is one of the most frequented of our amenities and we are glad you were able to utilize it through the duration of your visit. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the menu in both our Piedmont Park restaurant and the atrium lounge. We are glad Juleigh was of assistance to you during your stay, she is a great asset to our hotel. Thank you once again for the many kind words and we hope see you on your next trip to visit Hickory.