“Gov”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Hickory
Kansas City, Missouri
“Gov”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I recently stayed at the Crowne Plaza on a business trip for two nights. Upon check in I was told I would get a free drink and appetizers from 5-7. Well I went downstairs around 630 no appetizers. The guy that checked me in was very friendly and courteous. My room was clean but the room is outdated. I was very surprised and disappointed in the room and that this was a Crowne Plaza establisment. The locks on the door of my room did not look very secure it looked as though if you pushed hard it was come right off. It was raining when I checked in and right by the door of my room it sounded like a waterfall. I would not recommend this hotel to my coworkers.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Benjamin H, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hickory I-40, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
bj6138, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate the feedback. I apologize for the room situation. We want to make sure our guests feel secure and safe in their rooms, so we appreciate you letting us know about the door situation. I am glad to hear that the gentleman who checked you in was friendly and courteous. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Valdese, North Carolina
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We recently held our annual Company Safety Banquet at the Crown Plaza Hotel in Hickory NC. There was nothing short of excellence in service and professionalism from the initial call to Cindy Beason regarding planning and preparations, the front desk greeting and accommodating quest arrivals to Elisa inside the banquet room insuring the entire group of guest had anything they could ask for and wanted for nothing. Guest spoke highly of the hotel, the staff and service provided. The Crown Plaza definitely earned our business for future meetings.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Benjamin H, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hickory I-40, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Chad M, I am pleased to hear we will be seeing more of you in the future. I appreciate the feedback you have given and would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your function.
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Upon checking in I was offered free items if I left a good review, they also told me to put the name of the front desk person if i wanted free drinks. My hotel room was extremely outdated, I couldn't figure out if it was once a nice place or if it has always been ran down. The wallpaper in my room would move when I closed the door, no exhaust fans in the bathrooms, the door did not shut properly and you could visibly see outside from the gap in the door. This hotel may have been a beautiful place at one time but it is now past the point of no return.
I am very surprised that Crowne Plaza allows the owners to put their name on this establishment.

Room Tip: If you want to enjoy your room at least a little bit stay in the lobby area.
1 Thank mc_fly_2_0
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hickory I-40, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear mc_fly_2_0,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received from our staff. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Morrisville, North Carolina
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I'd pick the newer ones on the adjacent frontage road. We got in the "executive wing" and got a room whose sliding glass door opened up to the interior of the lobby ground floor. Just what you want when you want some light in the room is for ally the lobby traffic outside your room. ..

This is a converted holiday inn. Old and fully depreciated.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank NCFlyFisher25
Benjamin H, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hickory I-40, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you NCFlyFisher25 for taking the time to post your review. We will be updating throughout the hotel within the next few months. We are installing new carpet in all corridors and lobby, repaving our parking lot, along with other upgrades. We value your feedback and appreciate your business. Thank you.
Hickory, North Carolina
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Upon my arrival I was greeted at the front desk by Allen and Jackie. I had stayed another time recently and Allen remembered my last name when Jackie misunderstood me. They made me feel like I was coming home again. LaDonna, who serves drinks in the lounge also makes you feel at home, serving just a cool glass of wine at the end of a hard day at the office or running to the restaurant to get my dinner. This will be my hotel anytime I am in Hickory, NC.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Toni M, I appreciate the feedback you have given and the time you took to post in here. It is always good to hear that our guests are feeling at home with us during their stay and that our employees are playing a big part in making that happen. We all hope to continue seeing you in the future. Thank you.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We travel each month out of town for class seminars. Our class was held at Crown Plaza Hickory and was absolutely the best we've been to. Lisa Brooks took constant care of us, our refreshments for the class and checked often to see if there was anything we needed. The kindness of her and the rest of the hotel staff was beyond expectations! Lori Hodges helped Lisa carry out her services throughout the day doing a great job!
A huge thank you to everyone!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Donna D, I appreciate the valued feedback you have given us and the time you took to post it here. I am glad to hear that you are pleased with the services provided by our staff during your seminar. We hope you will join us again in the future. Thank you.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Recently, I had occasion to be in Hickory for a few days on business, and stayed at the Crown Plaza. From the moment I arrived, I could not have experienced better service. Quick and friendly check in and it just got better. The food was wonderful, not what one might expect with a buffet style menu!! The ladies in the restaurant went out of their way to remember our names, and to speak each time we crossed paths, Kudos to Juliegh and Ms. Mabel!! Can't say enough about them!

As everyone has experienced, the meeting rooms were chilly for a couple of us, so the girls at the front desk checked their own career apparel, and brought both of us a jacket to borrow that fit perfectly!! I was flabbergasted! The first evening of my stay, the cd player in my room was not working properly and I needed it for work. When I called the front desk, they assured me, Hal the maintenance person, would be there right away. Almost by the time I hung up, he was at my door! Totally professional, with a new cd player, which was also having an issue. He told me that, if there was not another spare, he would bring me his personal cd player so that I could do my work "assignment"! Clearly, not an emergency situation, but it was definitely handled as if it were.

It was a wonderful stay, and I could not have been happier, I certainly understand why our company, a very large national company chooses to book our visits to Hickory at this location!!

Kudos to you ALL!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Barb406, thank you so much for your feedback and the time you took to post it. I am glad to hear that your experience with us was superb. We like to handle each situation as if it was an emergency situation for the guest so that we can keep our guests happy and comfortable during their stay with us. Thank you again for your valued feedback.