“Great place to stay!”

Crowne Plaza Hickory I-40
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Hickory
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza during are move to North Carolina, I was very impressed with the way the staff treated us. I would like to say thank you to Jason for helping us as much as he did, he really went out of his way to make us feel welcome and my kids loved him. This is truly a place I would send friends and family to stay. Thank you Millie for the wonderful food and service.

Room Tip: Interior rooms on first floors.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Benjamin H, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hickory I-40, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you steph c for choosing our hotel for your stay and pleased to know of your good experiences with us. We value the feedback you have given us and appreciate the time you took to post it here.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

"Allen" & "Christina" always make you feel welcome like your coming home. Both are always extremely pleasant and go out of there way to help in any way possible. Rooms are always clean and the steak sandwich is really great!

Room Tip: back side of the hotel you do not get the street noise
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Benjamin H, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hickory I-40, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Thank you John J for your kind words in regards to our staff. We really appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and look forward to seeing you on your next visit. Thank you.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stay here at least once a year on our way to SC. rooms are nice enough and staff is always friendly. Rooms could always be a little cleaner and I'm not a fan of the exterior entrances. But after a day of traveling there are worse options.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Benjamin H, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hickory I-40, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Marge S, thank you for your feedback you have taken the time to post. I am glad to hear that our staff were friendly to you on your visit. One thing we like to make sure our guests have is a friendly welcome and visit. Also, thank you for your feedback on our rooms. We hope to see you in the future. Thanks.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Crowne Plaza. We were in town to shop for furniture and they offered a shopping package that included 1 free drink each from the bar and 2 free breakfasts. The also included in the gift bag a tape measure and 10% discount at certain stores. We used the discount at one location that paid for one nights stay.

The hotel was nice, clean and we enjoyed the bar/lounge area after a long day of shopping. The breakfast was buffet and/or you could order from the menu. It suited our purpose and we were very pleased with the selections.

The room was very nice and appeared to have been updated. The hotel has an odd layout as some rooms are located quite a distance from the lounge, lobby and restaurant. Our room was not far from these areas but we know others were.

There's an Outback within walking distance too! :)

Room Tip: There's two floors to this hotel but some rooms are located quite a distance from the bar/restau...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent visit to the Hickory Furniture Mart. We appreciate you taking the time to post your experience at our hotel. We value your feedback. Thank you.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

The overall stay was great. I came down for a wedding and this hotel was in charge of the reception. Our waitress Brittany H. was absolutely perfect! She made everyone feel welcomed and that means a lot to someone who doesn't know the area. I really think she would be a great hospitality manager...very friendly. Kelly at the front desk was very nice and welcoming as well. She let us know of good local shops...which I believe in keeping it local. Our room was over-the-top! I never stayed at such a clean and modern hotel. We did have a room on the inside of the hotel with a balcony. They also have separate outside rooms too. My only concern about the whole travel experience was Check-in and Check-out procedures. I had paid for my room two weeks in advance and had my confirmation. They said that I didn't paid and later found out that I did and it was a computer glitch. Then at check-out they were going to charge us for room service which we never used. So be careful and keep tabs on the money situation. Mangement should be more cautious when dealing with people's money!

Room Tip: 2019 is a very good inside room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 794jamiem

Thank you Jamie M for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your feedback and will use that to improve our awareness in reservation billings. We hope to see you again soon. Thank you.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed here for one night with my mom. The staff was very helpful and went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable. We were pleasantly surprised with the quality of food at the restaurant. Our room was clean and the beds and pillows were very comfortable. We also had a refrigerator and a microwave which came in very handy. We would definitely stay here again.
Thumbs up to Kelly and Allen for their excellent service. Thank you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a refrigerator
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Reisenistgut

Thank you Reisenistgut for taking the time to post your experience with your stay. We value your feedback and hope to see you soon. Thank you.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Hi there, I stayed in Hickory for a few weeks this past spring for a TV show I was working on. Allen, at the front desk, made the stay really enjoyable. He was always fresh faced and accommodating. He knows the town well, so he not only recommended restaurants, laundry and fun things to do, he was a huge help to our production when we had no idea where to find skilled labor or hard to source retailers. The rest of the staff was great as well, but he really made us feel comfortable away from home, and, that's a nice feeling.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Benjamin H, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hickory I-40, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thank you Kelly R for taking the time to post your review. We are always proud to hear great reviews of our staff and hotel. Your team was great and will always welcome you back. Thank you.