“Nice, comfortable accomadations”

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Hickory
Indiana
“Nice, comfortable accomadations”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Crowne Plaza. We were in town to shop for furniture and they offered a shopping package that included 1 free drink each from the bar and 2 free breakfasts. The also included in the gift bag a tape measure and 10% discount at certain stores. We used the discount at one location that paid for one nights stay.

The hotel was nice, clean and we enjoyed the bar/lounge area after a long day of shopping. The breakfast was buffet and/or you could order from the menu. It suited our purpose and we were very pleased with the selections.

The room was very nice and appeared to have been updated. The hotel has an odd layout as some rooms are located quite a distance from the lounge, lobby and restaurant. Our room was not far from these areas but we know others were.

There's an Outback within walking distance too! :)

Room Tip: There's two floors to this hotel but some rooms are located quite a distance from the bar/restau...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Benjamin H, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hickory I-40, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent visit to the Hickory Furniture Mart. We appreciate you taking the time to post your experience at our hotel. We value your feedback. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Graham
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The overall stay was great. I came down for a wedding and this hotel was in charge of the reception. Our waitress Brittany H. was absolutely perfect! She made everyone feel welcomed and that means a lot to someone who doesn't know the area. I really think she would be a great hospitality manager...very friendly. Kelly at the front desk was very nice and welcoming as well. She let us know of good local shops...which I believe in keeping it local. Our room was over-the-top! I never stayed at such a clean and modern hotel. We did have a room on the inside of the hotel with a balcony. They also have separate outside rooms too. My only concern about the whole travel experience was Check-in and Check-out procedures. I had paid for my room two weeks in advance and had my confirmation. They said that I didn't paid and later found out that I did and it was a computer glitch. Then at check-out they were going to charge us for room service which we never used. So be careful and keep tabs on the money situation. Mangement should be more cautious when dealing with people's money!

Room Tip: 2019 is a very good inside room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 794jamiem
Thank you Jamie M for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your feedback and will use that to improve our awareness in reservation billings. We hope to see you again soon. Thank you.
Hickory, North Carolina
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed here for one night with my mom. The staff was very helpful and went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable. We were pleasantly surprised with the quality of food at the restaurant. Our room was clean and the beds and pillows were very comfortable. We also had a refrigerator and a microwave which came in very handy. We would definitely stay here again.
Thumbs up to Kelly and Allen for their excellent service. Thank you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a refrigerator
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Reisenistgut
Thank you Reisenistgut for taking the time to post your experience with your stay. We value your feedback and hope to see you soon. Thank you.
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Hi there, I stayed in Hickory for a few weeks this past spring for a TV show I was working on. Allen, at the front desk, made the stay really enjoyable. He was always fresh faced and accommodating. He knows the town well, so he not only recommended restaurants, laundry and fun things to do, he was a huge help to our production when we had no idea where to find skilled labor or hard to source retailers. The rest of the staff was great as well, but he really made us feel comfortable away from home, and, that's a nice feeling.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Benjamin H, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hickory I-40, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you Kelly R for taking the time to post your review. We are always proud to hear great reviews of our staff and hotel. Your team was great and will always welcome you back. Thank you.
Morristown, Tennessee
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The Crowne Plaza Hotel in Hickory, N C was wonderful. The staff was pleasant, friendly, and helpful. They were happy to help guests. Our room was clean which is my number one priority. The room was very comfortable and attractive. It had all of the necessities that we needed. Thank you!

Room Tip: We wanted a room in the main building.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you readingtchr for taking the time to post your review. We really appreciate you choosing to stay with us and value your feedback. Thank you.
Waxhaw, North Carolina
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

My daughter attended a swim meet in hickory and we selected this hotel with several other families. After a long day I was dishearted to pull back my bed to find wrinkled sheets and hair in the bed. When I called the front desk they eventually sent a young boy with blue latex gloves with sheets to my room so I could make my own bed. Off to bed with the bed I Just made...not much sleep...fridge in room made noises all night. Up early the next morning for day two of the swim meet to get in the shower and find hair..not mine or my daughters in the shower...gross! Then compared my bill to bank charges and was overcharged. Which they explained as a charge they charge everyone and credit back at checkout...ok..just not mentioned at checkin...told front desk about hair....they said they would talk to a manager to see me....at breakfast at hotel but never did see a manager. Would not recommend unless you don't mind making your own bed at a hotel...others peoples hair in your bed and shower and a lack of concern by hotel staff. The rest of our trip was good just not accommodations.

• Stayed June 2013
Benjamin H, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hickory I-40, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you smf610 for taking the time to post your review. We do value your feedback and will use it to train our staff in hopes that it will not happen again. Thank you
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stay at hotels very often and have had GREAT service and TERRIBLE service. This place was a genuine pleasure to stay at!

I stayed here and hosted a training session as well. The Customer Service was top shelf. The entire experience far exceeded my expectations.

From the exterior the place looks in need of an update - but inside it's a beautiful facility. Everyone wants to help, so if you have any issues or questions, don't hesitate to contact the staff.

Room Tip: Try the "Quiet Hall" if you're a light sleeper!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you BigBoobsMagee for the great review. We are glad to hear that your training session was a success and that our staff was able to accommodate your needs. Thank you for taking the time to post your experience and we hope to see you soon.