“Rudeness at its finest.”

Days Inn & Suites Hickory
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Hickory
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

I will start off by saying that whilst trying to check into this hotel I cursed an adult for the very first time. I have stayed in the hotel a hand full of times with my husband, always, he paid or the room was paid for already by his boss. Except for this weekend. It was a mess. One front desk man told me one thing, I was ready to check in that night and it went down hill from there. When the man said that I could not rent the room with MY money, because I am only 20, I started to get upset, more on the side of tears than anger. The man seen this and instantly jumped to complete rudeness. Upsetting me further, and my husband. He would not allow us to rent a room, because I am only 20. I asked if my husband could, but no, he could not because it was my card.(when another man had earlier told me that we could do so) he was rude, would not work with us, from the time that we walked up to the counter he was very sour with us. Only a slight, tight smile to welcome us after a 3 hour drive and 2 in the morning and a long log day. We stayed somewhere else and will never be back to this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank HannahEller
Kelly C, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Hickory, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Please email me at kellychadwick@hgmhotels with your contact information. I'd like to speak to you personally regarding your experience.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Very clean and roomy except for losing battle with wallpaper at top of tub enclosure. Trying to keep the edges down with plastic strips only makes it worse and invites mold. Also, bathroom door jambs are starting to rust. Beds are very comfortable and the linens are excellent. The first floor housekeeping/laundry room is a problem. The staff are allowed to smoke in there and our towels had a definite smoke odor. Breakfast is an A+ Well stocked, very clean, wide variety of eggs, meats, cereals, waffles, etc. If they can correct the smoking in the laundry room it would be rated very good. Also correcting the wallpaper would move it up to excellent.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback and recommendations. We certainly hope to see you again!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We just wanted a room for the night before an academic competition at Lenoir-Rhyne; The hotel was well-positioned to the school. The room was comfortable although the heater is loud and came on and off frequently so our sleep was not ideal. As commented on frequently by others, the breakfast is quite good and makes the value for the money very reasonable.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights to visit family in the area. We were pleasantly surprised with the size and quality of the room for the rate paid. King suite with sofa, chair, 37 inch flat screen and kitchenette for what we normally pay for a standard room in a 2 star hotel. The icing was the excellent free breakfast in the morning. Eggs sausage and biscuits looked and tasted homemade.
There are a lot of hotels in the area but will always try to book here first when visiting family or on business.
The front desk, decor, quietness and cleanliness is excellent. The only deficit I noticed was the out side doors to enter the buildings were unlocked for anyone to enter. They probably should be room key-carded.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We always try to stay at this Hotel when visitng family in Hickory on our way home. They also serve one of the best breakfest if not the best of most Hotels we have seen. There are great restaurants in this area, it is close to a lot of activities for family, Lake Hickory & Ski areas witihn a short travel distance.

Room Tip: Restaurant meaning breakfest bar. Rooms are nice but outdated comapred to newer hotels, but very cle...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This hotel has first class service at a very fair price. The staff is well educated to treat guests with the respect they deserve. The Rooms are very large. The rooms are clean and updated.

The breakfast is worth $7.00 at any Denny's or Waffle house. And, you don't leave a tip.

If you want a good tip, stay at this hotel when you are in Hickory, NC.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

The hotel clerks are very friendly, the rooms are clean, and the beds are firm. The only drawbacks that I noticed were outdated televisions and shallow bathtubs. Breakfast was a great bonus with a broad range of fare.

• Stayed: October 2012