“Pleasant surprise”

Days Inn & Suites Hickory
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Hickory
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We just wanted a room for the night before an academic competition at Lenoir-Rhyne; The hotel was well-positioned to the school. The room was comfortable although the heater is loud and came on and off frequently so our sleep was not ideal. As commented on frequently by others, the breakfast is quite good and makes the value for the money very reasonable.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights to visit family in the area. We were pleasantly surprised with the size and quality of the room for the rate paid. King suite with sofa, chair, 37 inch flat screen and kitchenette for what we normally pay for a standard room in a 2 star hotel. The icing was the excellent free breakfast in the morning. Eggs sausage and biscuits looked and tasted homemade.
There are a lot of hotels in the area but will always try to book here first when visiting family or on business.
The front desk, decor, quietness and cleanliness is excellent. The only deficit I noticed was the out side doors to enter the buildings were unlocked for anyone to enter. They probably should be room key-carded.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We always try to stay at this Hotel when visitng family in Hickory on our way home. They also serve one of the best breakfest if not the best of most Hotels we have seen. There are great restaurants in this area, it is close to a lot of activities for family, Lake Hickory & Ski areas witihn a short travel distance.

Room Tip: Restaurant meaning breakfest bar. Rooms are nice but outdated comapred to newer hotels, but very cle...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This hotel has first class service at a very fair price. The staff is well educated to treat guests with the respect they deserve. The Rooms are very large. The rooms are clean and updated.

The breakfast is worth $7.00 at any Denny's or Waffle house. And, you don't leave a tip.

If you want a good tip, stay at this hotel when you are in Hickory, NC.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

The hotel clerks are very friendly, the rooms are clean, and the beds are firm. The only drawbacks that I noticed were outdated televisions and shallow bathtubs. Breakfast was a great bonus with a broad range of fare.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We had 20 people (5 rooms) stay at this hotel as a stopover for a weekend in the mountains. Place was clean, rooms very large, all rooms had 2 double beds and a sleeper sofa, pool was nice and included free breakfast. The rate of $89 was fair..Enjoyed our short stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 16, 2011

Id sleep in the car next time first off the hotel staff was made aware that we would be in late they said fine no problem. When we got there we asked to pay cash they told us we couldn't do it till morning. Fine we had been traveling we where tired and hungry and just wanted to sleep. We took the key an went to room. We looked all over the room for the sheets for the pull out and didn't find them. So we called the office no answer no surprise. I went down to see if I could get some the guy who was suppose to be at the desk told me he couldn't help me he was going on break. Seriously you can't stop for three seconds its going to take you to hand me a set of sheets. I finally after an hour got my sheets. I work up in the morning logged on to my account to find out they have charged my card not once but twice. I was going to pay cash. When we went to check out and asked they said once they had the card they couldn't take another payment. When I got to where we were going I found out the card had yet another charge on it so I got charged for a room three times that wasn't even worth the one charge. I would have kept driving had I know this was going to happen.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family