“A clean and roomy Interstate hotel”

Days Inn & Suites Hickory
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Hickory
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We had 20 people (5 rooms) stay at this hotel as a stopover for a weekend in the mountains. Place was clean, rooms very large, all rooms had 2 double beds and a sleeper sofa, pool was nice and included free breakfast. The rate of $89 was fair..Enjoyed our short stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 16, 2011

Id sleep in the car next time first off the hotel staff was made aware that we would be in late they said fine no problem. When we got there we asked to pay cash they told us we couldn't do it till morning. Fine we had been traveling we where tired and hungry and just wanted to sleep. We took the key an went to room. We looked all over the room for the sheets for the pull out and didn't find them. So we called the office no answer no surprise. I went down to see if I could get some the guy who was suppose to be at the desk told me he couldn't help me he was going on break. Seriously you can't stop for three seconds its going to take you to hand me a set of sheets. I finally after an hour got my sheets. I work up in the morning logged on to my account to find out they have charged my card not once but twice. I was going to pay cash. When we went to check out and asked they said once they had the card they couldn't take another payment. When I got to where we were going I found out the card had yet another charge on it so I got charged for a room three times that wasn't even worth the one charge. I would have kept driving had I know this was going to happen.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2011

I had to stay for couple days have a family member in hospital and i felt safe and comfortable here. the staff met all my needs and the breakfast was great. The girls sleep well and enjoyed the stay. The staff was friendly!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank revonda_knight
Reviewed March 10, 2011

My three yr old son found a nasty, hairy, used razor in our room. Upon further inspection my husband found a bag from an adult store, and some other "things". We went through 6 different keys for our room because none of them worked. The man in the lobby didn't seem like he knew what he was doing. I wasn't pleased with this hotel at all!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2010

Tub not anti-skid. Not all lights worked. No grab bar in bathtub. Thread bare towels. Cigarette smoke smell in hallways and room. Breakfast items that should be hot were not. Couch was torn. Room was dark with low watt bulbs. Carpet faded in areas. Front drive up half blocked by a motorcycle and two small trailers. People using foul language in lobby. Desk clerk alone and not always immediately available. No fruit at breakfast bar.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2010

AS a long time traveler and doing business with several hotel,s in several states
I just want to take time to Tell what a great experience that my groups stay at Quality Inn & Suites in Hickory NC was. I started with Wendi Boyd is sales working for a block of rooms and affordable rates. and help with local events and food service. She went way out of her way to be sure my group was well taken care of. JOB WELL DONE !!!!!

My Next experence was with Michael Norris Innkeeper of Quality he worked to have extra staff and extra hours for breakfast times for my group which was way beyond call of duty
because of way we were treated my group has voted to return again next feburary.
The Staff at Quality was so friendly and rooms so clean i wanted to take time to let you KNOW Jeff Reeves CBL President 2009

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 31, 2009

I stopped here for the night even after reading a couple negative reviews. So glad I did, it was the quiet night i needed. Fronk desk clerk very informative. My room was comfortable and I loved the hot breakfast!!!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business