“Disgustingly dirty restaurant.”

Ranked #6 of 21 Restaurants in Hertford
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
“Disgustingly dirty restaurant.”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

The ONLY possible way this restaurant has remained open so long is the sort of only fish in a very small pond thing that is going on here. I had to go eat with a group there recently (not my choice but there really aren't many choices in Hertford.) It smells unclean. There is a layer of dust and grime on all surfaces.

Their pizza dough is actually pretty good. If they had better, high-quality toppings and a clean environment (plus some decent beer, and by decent, I am referring to microbrew beers. See SoHo in Elizabeth City for examples of what to buy.)

I do get the impression that Tommy's is very much into helping the community, and that is admirable. They would make a lot more money however if one felt like their restaurant could hold its own in a bigger city.

• Visited October 2013

Hertford, North Carolina
“they forgot to make my order and then made excuses why it wasn't done”
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

I came into this restaurant and placed a to go order. that was at 5 o'clock p.m.40 minutes later I'm still sitting in waiting they said the cook hasn't started it yet.
I asked to speak to the manager they said that the manager had gone home for the day.
I ask for my money back.
hey Jen said your order is ready here you go. I said you just told me that the Kooks hasn't started it yet and now 1 minute later here it is. she said that she forgot that the cook already brought it up20 minutes before hand. I opened up and the was soggy, frys cold and greasy. I again asked for my money back. They refused at first until i demanded to speak to the owner. they then agreed to give me my money back. this was my one and only visit and I will never go back

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank glib224422
“Wicked good”
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Real good food, steaks are good size for the price, cheese steaks are the best I've ever eaten. O, and it was real mash potatoes!!! Best restaurant in that town.

NC
“Good pizza”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

It's not the best pizza I ever had, but it's good enough where I'll drive the extra 15 minutes. Definitely the best choice for Italian food in this area.

Visited August 2013
North Carolina Coast, North Carolina
“Consistently disappointing”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Since there are limited choices in town for a restaurant we have visited this place on a few occasions. This was the last try to see if any improvements.
Pizza is generic with a canned sauce taste and cheap toppings. Watery dressing served with a bland salad. Service is spotty at best. Interior is dirty.

• Visited July 2013