I usually stay at Hilton-affiliate properties (HHonors account) but I had not stayed at a Hampton recently... and not a newer one that has been "cheapened down" to rival HI Express. The room is smaller that earlier Hamptons. The bathroom lacks an exhaust fan. The coffeemaker uses those scary disposable plastic trays for the dollar store coffee maker. The tub/shower surround is simulated plastic tile & creaks in use.
The TV was a LodgeNet driven device... to watch TV it said press # or info buttons on the remote: there was no # button & info merely illuminated all buttons RED! After a call to the desk I learned to "push the + channel select until it responds" then it should work to enter channel numbers. Well, sort of... in the next 30 minutes I discovered about 8 channels that it would let me select (next morning, only one). The selections were poor & vanilla offerings... most exciting was the Giants losing to the Colts. Ho-Hum. Perhaps the remote needed batteries changed... or maybe... the whole thing is designed to drive all choices to PPV movies of games! Ya think? I do.
Then came breakfast! Hampton Inn... weren't these the guys FAMOUS WAY BACK for FREE BREAKFAST? Well, rest assured SO FAR Hampton Inn has not screwed up coffee, milk, hot chocolate, PB, jelly, cream cheese, cereal, or fruit! One amazing thing was ONE waffle maker that actually produced good waffles... IN 4 minutes with a waiting line of 5 people (as a mom made waffles for dad & 3 kids).
Eggs & sausage/bacon you say? WHERE? Oh... in the white bags of frozen mystery breakfast next to the two microwaves. French toast, sausage biscuits, something I could not identify, and something resembling a quesadilla (salsa single serves nearby gave it away). This accounts for the pictures on the bags which also matched FOUR of the SIX PICTURES across the top of the microwave. Left top next to the pictures was a button labeled "ONE 2X"??? Boldly going ahead, I selected French toast and 2 sausage biscuits. PUSHED a BUTTON... any one pushed seemed to make the microwave operate of ONE MINUTE 5 SECONDS... and hoped for the best 3 times. I got passable French toast, two terrible sausage biscuits (biscuits got tossed due to soggy nature). I ultimately has 2 slices of French toast and 2 sausage patties, decent coffee, and a bowl of special K.
No eggs, toast, and bacon. No eggs, toast, and sausage. No eggs, biscuits and sausage gravy! OH for the "good old days" now fallen by the wayside! I should also say that the "pastries" on display were all of the "plastic faux pastry" kind found in those 8x10 foil trays in the stores not too ashamed to display them.
Should I have paid more elsewhere for a real place serving a real breakfast? Should I have paid less... no that invites serious regrets. AH... best idea is to pay a reasonable price for a FULL-SIZED room and go to Cracker Barrel next time.
Neither the front desk clerk nor the manager seemed concerned with my unhappy experience... I mentioned TV and less than expected breakfast. SO MUCH for the "satisfaction guaranteed 100%!" NO WAY you are staying FOR FREE, sucker!
I will give them that the Hamptom Inn seems CLEAN... in fact the stick-on inside the elevators BOASTS that the bed linen is clean... each day for each guest. Heck, I thought that for $100+ that was a given anywhere!
I will NOT be staying here again... which did not bother the Monday morning staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Hampton Inn Hendersonville, less than half an hour from the Blue Ridge Mountains and the legendary Biltmore Estate in the heart of western North Carolina. Whether you’re planning a night at Flat Rock Playhouse or dropping off the kids at a Western Carolina summer overnight camp, enjoy the comforts of home in our Hendersonville hotel. Explore historic downtown Hendersonville, listed on the National Historic Registry. Browse antique stores and boutiques or try a variety of cuisine in one of our charming restaurants.Visit the Biltmore Estate, the country’s largest private home built by George Washington Vanderbilt II during the Gilded Age. Wander through the 250 rooms and extensive gardens. Experience the North Carolina outdoors with a hike in the DuPont State Forest in the Little River Valley. Take a scenic drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway or enjoy the views at Chimney Rock State Park and Lake Lure. The Hendersonville area is a mecca for golfers.After a busy day exploring western North Carolina, unwind in one of our spacious guest rooms or suites. Choose a guest room with a king-, queen- or two queen-sized beds. King study guest rooms include an additional sleeper sofa. If you’re traveling with the family or would like extra space, reserve a king bed suite. Stay connected with free high-speed internet access. Our guest rooms and suites provide the comforts of home with 32-inch LCD TVs, mini-fridges, microwaves, and coffeemakers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn Hendersonville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Hendersonville Hotel Hendersonville
- Hendersonville Hampton Inn