“Solid place to stay”

Hampton Inn Hendersonville
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Hendersonville
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Good place to lay your head. Close to interstate. Not many restaurants within walking distance. Breakfast is typical Hampton Inn fare (very good continental) but breakfast staff was more interested in discussing personal items than being attentive to guests during our visit. Outside pool good for a hot day. Appreciated the iced bottles of water left for guests at the front desk on a 100 degree day - very nice touch.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Bruce_Pope, Manager at Hampton Inn Hendersonville, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2011

Dear AverageJoe55,

Thank you for staying with us while you were in the Hendersonville, NC area. We appreciate your business and we also appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences with our hotel with other TripAdvisor members! I am glad to hear that it was the "little things" like the bottled water that really made this trip a great one for you!

We appreciate knowing the things that please you as well as those areas that need our attention. It is our goal to provide the high quality standards you have become accustomed to from the Hampton Inn brand. I was sorry to hear that you were not pleased with our breakfast staff's level of interaction with our guests. I will remind all of our staff about the importance of focusing on our guests.

With your input, we can constantly monitor and change our product to maintain the high standards of quality and performance that have become a Hampton Inn tradition. It was indeed our pleasure serving you and we look forward to welcoming you again to the Hampton Inn Hendersonville.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

We often stay at Hampton Inns and Homewood Suites because we feel that we get a lot of value for the money. This trip was to relocate from IL to NC and we stayed at the Hampton Inn in Hendersonville,NC while looking for a house after we had sold our house in IL and put our furniture in storage. Let me explain to those of you that have never done this before, being homeless is no picnic. Living in a hotel, any hotel, is not a fun thing to do. But the staff at the Hampton Inn went above and beyond in order to make us feel like family. The staff here was even giving us leads on where they had seen homes for sales and rentals in case we didn't find a home! I have traveled in numerous states and countries, and to many 5-star resorts, and I have never had better staff, customer service, or a more friendly atmosphere. I would recommend this hotel to anyone in the area, and if I weren't going to be living in town, I would stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear TravelAdvisor99,

I'm Bruce Pope, General Manager at the Hampton Inn of Hendersonville, NC. Thank you for making us your temporary home during your relocation to the Hendersonville area! Thank you, also, for taking your time to write a TripAdvisor review of our property! We always appreciate receiving guest feedback!

I have shared your comments about the helpfulness of our employees with our entire staff! They take great pride in always going a step above what's required of their job duties (like helping you out with ideas of where to look!). I'm glad that we could make what could've been a very unpleasant experience - living in a hotel - into something that wasn't really all that unpleasant!

Again, thank you for your review and WELCOME to Hendersonville!!! We look forward to having you as our new neighbor!

Reviewed May 21, 2011

I just checked out of this lovely hotel this morning, so this is a fresh off the presses review!

I was traveling for business as a state employee, and my husband decided to go with me. The other hotels in the area, including the other Hampton Inns nearer to Asheville, were much, much more expensive. The state rate is a fantastic deal for all that you get.

Our room was lovely, nicely decorated and comfortable. We had a king bed study room, and the king bed was very comfy. Makes our queen bed at home pale in comparison! I love the choice of pillows from Hampton Inn since I like soft and squishy while my husband likes very firm pillows. It's nice that we can both be happy.

The furniture in the room was lovely and I really, really wanted to steal several furniture pieces from the elevator lobby in our room. We didn't watch the TV but it was a very nice LCD model. We love having the mini fridge and microwave in the room. My husband loves the coffee makers in room and tells me it's very good coffee (I can't stand the stuff).

The bathroom was perfectly adequate for our needs and I loved the corner vanity unit. One of the many things I love about Hampton Inn is that there are complimentary toiletries. It's great to not have to remember to pack the shampoo, conditioner and soaps. My husband forgot his toothbrush and toothpaste, and the front desk was happy to provide him with those necessities.

Breakfast was so nice that my husband had it twice! He's an early morning person and I am most definitely not, so he went down for breakfast part I at 6:30 am while I tried to get a little more sleep. Then he went down for breakfast part II when I ate my own breakfast. Breakfast consisted of fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal and milk, fresh waffles you bake yourself, pastries, bagels, toast and muffins with the accoutrimonts (jam, syrup, butter and even salsa). As some have indicated, they also have the microwavable breakfast items like biscuits and egg quesodillas. While I love the hot breakfast bar at other Hampton Inns, I don't have a problem with this type of breakfast. It's still very yummy and hey, it's free. This is a far better breakfast than most places with free breakfast, which is usually a bagel and a piece of fruit.

All of the staff members were very friendly and polite. Everyone was completely courteous and professional and I have no complaints at all. It was a wonderful stay and we look forward to returning to this Hampton Inn again very soon!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Angela3511
Bruce_Pope, Manager at Hampton Inn Hendersonville, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2011

Dear Angela3511,

I am Bruce Pope, General Manager of the Hampton Inn of Hendersonville, NC. Thank you for taking your time to share your experiences with our hotel with other TripAdvisor members. My staff always appreciates receiving feedback that shows that their efforts are recognized.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed so many things about your stay, including the LCD television in your guest room! This is a very recent upgrade that we have made, and we hope that our guests will have many years of enjoyment with our highly-efficient televisions. Additionally, I am happy to hear that you are a huge fan of the value that the entire Hampton Inn chain aspires to offer our guests! We love being able to provide you with ways to cut hassles out of your trips!

Thank you, again, for your very positive review of our hotel. We hope that you will be able to return to the Hendersonville area again soon - maybe for a leisure trip next time? There are many great ways to enjoy a pleasure trip to our area, including touring the Biltmore Estate, visiting Chimney Rock Park, or shopping in downtown Hendersonville. We look forward to welcoming you again at the Hampton Inn of Hendersonville, NC.

Reviewed May 21, 2011

Our family has stayed here several times. After trying other hotels in the area, we've found that this hotel is far superior to any of them. Nice clean rooms with comfortable king size beds, attentive staff and a decent breakfast for free. you can't go wrong by staying here.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank thegr8ones

Dear thegr8ones,

I'm Bruce Pope, General Manager at the Hampton Inn in Hendersonville, NC. Thank you for taking the time to share such a glowing review of our property with other TripAdvisor members! We always appreciate knowing the things that please our guests.

I am glad to hear that you've been back to our hotel several times, and that you find our rooms, our rates, and our service to be better than that of our competitors. I will share your remarks with our staff so that they will know their efforts are being recognized by our guests.

Again, I thank you for all of the kind things you had to say about our property. If there is ever anything I can do to ensure that your stays are always "just right," please call me at the hotel (828) 697-2333 or email me at gm.hihend@centrexproperties.com. I look forward to welcoming you again at the Hampton Inn in Hendersonville, NC.

Reviewed May 1, 2011

Room was smaller than other Hampton Inns I have stayed in but that may be an illusion brought on by the tube type TV. The staff is very good and accommodating.

We found the king size bed very comfortable. OTOH the stool (no chair) for the work area had a missing caster making it a challenge to use. The stool and no work chair also indicates a smaller size room than a typical Hampton.

The breakfast was a first for me in a Hampton in that waffles, French Toast and pancakes were in packages to heat in a microwave. I passed on them and took the fruit and bagels.

I also had trouble with the key cards. The second card did not work. When I took them down, the desk clerk gave me two new key cards and again the one did not work. Not a big thing but annoying.

As we got a very good rate compared to almost twice as much as other Hilton properties just up I-26 in Asheville, we will likely stay here again if visiting the area.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank skibuff
Bruce_Pope, Manager at Hampton Inn Hendersonville, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2011

Dear skibuff,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! We appreciate knowing the things that pleased you, as well as those areas we need to improve on. I am pleased to hear that you found our staff to be accommodating and that you felt you received a better value at our hotel than you would have at one of our competitors' properties.

I am also pleased to report that we will be upgrading our televisions this month to highly-efficient LCD flat-panel television systems. At the Hampton Inn of Hendersonville, we strive to operate a hotel that's as environmentally-friendly as possible. By waiting for the more energy-efficient televisions to become available on the market, we know that we will be requiring a much smaller amount of energy over the lifespan of the units than if we had upgraded to LCD televisions a few years ago when they were not nearly as efficient. We thank you, and the rest of our guests, for your patience during this transition period!

I would also like to apologize that our breakfast was not to your satisfaction. Due to North Carolina State and Henderson County Health Department regulations, we are not able to serve any hot items that are not individually wrapped and microwavable. These standards were put into effect a couple of years ago.

Thank you, again, for taking your time to share your experience with out hotel with other travelers. We hope that we will be able to welcome you again soon at the Hampton Inn of Hendersonville!

Reviewed May 1, 2011

We arrived two hours before check in. We were warmly welcomed by Annette who immediately found a room available and allowed us to check in. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. The hotel is very conveniently located and we would highly recommend. Check-out the next morning was again, a breeze and we were wished safe travels by Annette and a wish for our return should we come back to Hendersonville. We most definitely will if for nothing other than the service provided by this lovely young lady.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Namaily,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property on TripAdvisor! We are always pleased when a guest is so satisfied with their visit that they will go out of their way to share their story with others. I am so glad to hear that our staff made you feel right at home during your visit.

I also am glad to hear that Annette specifically made your stay delightful and I will be certain to give her high praise for her work. It sounds like she took what could've been a frustrating start to your trip (arriving two hours before check-in) and turned it into a relaxing start just by getting you settled in quickly.

I hope that you will, in fact, return to Hendersonville in the future and that we will always remain your hotel of choice! Summer time in the mountains of western North Carolina is the perfect time for just about any outdoor activity or for just strolling down the street and enjoying historic downtown Hendersonville. Thank you, again, for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you again at the Hampton Inn Hendersonville!

Reviewed March 22, 2011

This is a Hampton that has adopted the microwavable sandwiches for their free breakfast. Bad move! They are of inferior quality for a chain that prides itself on being a notch above the fray. And on a personal note, when a road weary traveler asks about the hot cookies, he doesn't want to hear about why your migraine headache has prevented you from baking them. In sum, I paid more than I would have liked, given the chain's reputation and what some of the competition is doing ( Drury's, for example).

• Stayed: March 2011
Bruce_Pope, Manager at Hampton Inn Hendersonville, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2011

Good evening,

I'm Bruce Pope, General Manager at the Hampton Inn of Hendersonville, NC. We thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and your experience with it.

We appreciate knowing the things that please you as well as those areas that need our attention. I apologize that our breakfast was not to your satisfaction. Due to North Carolina State and Henderson County Health Department regulations, we are not able to serve any hot items that are not individually wrapped and microwavable. These standards were put into effect a couple of years ago.

I also would love to have the opportunity to follow up directly with the staff member that gave you an unprofessional response. I have sent you a private message requesting more information about the date that you checked in, and hope that you will respond to that message so that I can personally handle the incident.

We strive to please all of our guests and appreciate your comments. With your input, we can constantly monitor and change our product to maintain the high standards of quality and performance that have become a Hampton Inn tradition.

Bruce Pope

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hendersonville
Best Western Hendersonville Inn
Highland Lake Inn & Resort Hendersonville
Mountain Inn & Suites Airport
Mountain Inn & Suites Airport
#4 of 11 in Hendersonville

Been to Hampton Inn Hendersonville? Share your experiences!