“A pleasant experience. We will be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Echo Mountain Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hendersonville
Echo Mountain Inn
Ranked #9 of 15 Hendersonville B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“A pleasant experience. We will be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2005

Highly Recommended! A delightful Inn with the flavor of a 1920’s mountain lodge. The inn keepers are friendly and accommodating and the breakfast was bountiful. Stone from the mountain is featured throughout the lodge on the fireplaces, hearths and floors of the lobby and parlors. All of the rooms in the main building have fireplaces and most of them have been remodeled by the new owners. A stone plaque near the entrance announces that "angels gather here" and it must be so because the whole place abounds in peace. The restaurant was open for dinner on Friday and Saturday and the food was delicious. We were given a tour of some of the other rooms and advise anyone visiting for their honeymoon or looking for a romantic weekend to consider the Royal room. This beautifully decorated room featured a mountain view from three sides.
There was a group of women using the Inn for a retreat while we visited. They seemed happy and pleased with the accommodations also. We plan to stay here again when we visit North Carolina. We had a pleasant experience at Echo Mountain Inn.

• Stayed October 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2005

My husband and I took a much needed trip to the mountains to just relax and enjoy what nature had to offer us. We found the Inn Keepers at Echo Mountain Inn to be the kindest and most caring people ever. They were eager to please and make sure that our accommodations were pleasing to us. They were most knowledgeable of attractions in the area and how to get there. We found the breakfast selections to be outstanding. On the weekend we had a choice of eggs, bacon or sausage, grits, yogurt a variety of juices and wonderful muffins baked fresh that morning!! Coffees and teas of your choice as well as bagels, english muffins, healthy cereals and fresh fruit to choose from.
The views surrounding Echo Mountain are breathtaking. We look foreward to our next visit. Hats off to the Inn Keepers at Echo Mountain Inn.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2004

As a treat for my mother's birthday, I decided to take her to North Carolina and wanted to stay somewhere special. After viewing several internet websites, I was attracted to the Echo Mountain Inn. The pictures and descriptions of the accommodations on their website made it look perfect for a relaxing weekend away and I decided it looked like it would be well worth the $100 per night rate. Was I ever fooled!

Entering the room, our hearts sank. The ambience was not at all what we had expected based upon their brochure and the per night rate. The brochure states that each room is decorated with antiques and reproductions. We found that the furniture was old and the fabric on the chairs was stained. The finishing touches that we would expect of a bed and breakfast in this price range were missing. The vinyl window blinds were stained and broken. The king sized bed that we had been promised was in fact two smaller mattresses put next to each other on a king size frame. The room was stuffy but we could not leave the fan on due to the noise it made. The fan itself was covered with dust. We were kept awake half the night by the constant footsteps from the floor above. The outlet plate in the bathroom was falling off the wall. The shower over the stained bathtub switched from scorching hot to ice cold without warning. We had to cover the eye-level window that viewed out to the public walkway with a towel for privacy. The “deluxe” continental breakfast was what you expect from a cheap hotel chain and we ended up having to go elsewhere to eat.

After our first night, we expressed our concerns to the front desk clerk. When we told her that we did not wish to stay a second night, she reminded us that we would have to pay for the second night that we had reserved regardless of whether or not we were satisfied. We decided to leave anyway and were charged for the second night. This was by far the worst hotel experience I have ever had!!!

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
, Manager at Echo Mountain Inn, responded to this review, June 12, 2005
It is distressing to us that anyone had a bad experience at Echo Mountain Inn. We acquired the Inn in July, 2004. It was in a "neglected" condition. We immediately embarked on a two year upgrade and redecorating program of the entire Inn and grounds. This is going very well, with more than 10 very special Guest Rooms completed to date and more in progress. We desire that everyone enjoy the Inn as much as the people did who submitted the review dated January 27, 2005. We expect even more favorable reviews as we combine the wonderful charm of the 1896 Inn with the modern conveniences we all expect.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2003

We went to Hendersonville for my friend's wedding this past weekend. Her parents own the Elizabeth Leigh Inn, which is LOVELY by the way, and had a houseful, which is why we chose to stay at the Echo Mountain Inn instead. I realize that this is an old structure, but that doesn't mean you should let the bedding, furniture, bathroom fixtures, etc. age right along with it. The bathroom sink had two spouts, one for hot and one for cold - this made for a very difficult time for trying to wash your face w/o either freezing or burning yourself. When I decided to take a shower, all of the passersby in the hall were able to join in on the experience with me as there was a window in the shower! It was slightly fogged glass, but that hardly helped. The next morning, I awoke to constant banging right outside our door. It turned out there was an exit door right outside that shared a wall with our headboard that everyone and their dog used all morning. After my failed attempts at trying to sleep through the LOUD banging, I picked up the phone to call the front desk to ask them to fix the problem. The phone didn't work and then I realized that none of the power worked in our room. After an hour the power came back on and I was able to call down to the front desk to complain about all of the noise. The innkeeper told me that people HAD to go in/out of the door and what exactly did she want me to do about it?! I couldn't believe that an innkeeper would be so condescending and careless about the comfort of her guests. Needless to say, the door banging went on for the rest of the morning, which was impossible to sleep. When we were bringing our bags down the stairs towards the front desk, the same lady yelled at me for making too much noise with my bag on the stairs while she was on the phone. I was absolutely appalled, and let them know if she wanted to stay in business she should try treating her paying visitors like guests! This is the WORST hotel/inn experience I have ever endured in all of my travels around the world.

• Stayed September 2003
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2002

We arrived in mid september. We come to the mountains in september because that is when the Monarch Butterfly migrates to Mexico for the winter. We did some research and found out that thousands of butterfly will pass by a point called Jump Off Rock in North Carolina. Jump Off Rock is Located at the end of Laurel Park Highway in Hendersonville North Carolina. From this point you will be in heaven as you are treated to one of the most magnificent sites in nature, as flocks of butterflies pass thru the mountains at only this point. We also found out that you can see three states from this point as well absolutly breath-taking. On the way up the mountain on the outskirts of Hendersonville we passed the Echo Mountin Inn, a beautiful stone building built in the late 1800s. Totally enchanted we decided to stay there for a night, however, the views and peacefulness encouraged us to remain for 4 nights. We would go on adventures and excurisions from our Castle in the clouds each day only to return to find it bathed in the soft but vibrant glow of the stars.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hendersonville
CedarWood Inn
#1 of 11 in Hendersonville
Mountain Lodge
Mountain Lodge
#2 of 5 in Flat Rock

Been to Echo Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!