“Delicious Food, Fun & Noisy Atmosphere”
Review of Papa's & Beer

Papa's & Beer
Ranked #26 of 203 Restaurants in Hendersonville
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We eat at Papas & Beer regularly. VERY regularly. I read some of the reviews and wondered if they had been to the same restaurant as me.

I have NEVER had a dirty table. The bathrooms have NEVER been dirty. There are always plenty of supplies and the trash is never overflowing.

The food is consistently VERY good. The portions are large (and reheat the next day very well). People have different taste. I love the carnitas (marinated pork). It is a little fatty, but that's where the flavor is in my opinion. My husband loves the shredded beef, not fatty at all. My friend compares all fish tacos to these. Not my favorite anywhere. The portions are really large. I often just order a la carte, one carnitas taco. all the pico and a side of rice.

The atmosphere is very relaxed. All of the staff help, so you always have your drink and chips refilled. (Did I mention the free chips and bean dip that are great?) We often see people we know. People have a good time, so yes, it is often noisy. If that's not your kinda restaurant, you might find it loud. But, lighten up! Eaves drop on some amusing conversation from another table if you don't have any at your table! Your kids aren't going to bother anybody if they are talking.

Oh, and they do offer take away.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Really good food reasonably priced. Very popular restaurant so it can get a little crowded depending upon when you 're there. Service is friendly and fast. Very casual and excellent dining, reasonably priced!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Thought we got there early on a Saturday night but there was a line already. Got a pager and was told it would be around 30 minutes. Was maybe 10-15 min. and our table was ready. Service was quick and friendly. Decor is Mexican "dive" with some charm. The servings were enormous. The burritos were huge and unless you are a 16 old athlete, you won't be able to finish it yourself. The salads were very generous too. All of our dishes were $9 each - a great value (there were more expensive items, but it was easy to stay on a budget here.) The entire family gave the food a big thumbs up. Unlike a lot of Mexican restaurants, the different dishes had different flavors and ingredients. The only odd thing was with "Beer" in the name, the selection of beers was limited (was that why there is no 's" on the end?) If we were local we would be regulars here.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

We eat rather regularly at Papa's & Beer. It is fairly convenient, quick and a very good value. Lots of variety on the menu. Get there before 6pm or after 7pm, or you'll be waiting in line, as they are always packed during this hour... it is a noisy place so be in the mood for little league baseball teams, happy birthday songs by staff in sombreros - but always fun & lively people atmosphere.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Very good... homemade dishes... yummy spices and herbs used. Love Papas - eat there weekly or twice a week. Will continue to!