“I gave it another opportunity!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bay Breeze Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #52 of 194 Restaurants in Hendersonville
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
, Columbus, NC
“I gave it another opportunity!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

On 21 June 2014, I attended a church group dinner at the Bay Breeze Restaurant. The eating experience was negative based upon the very poor service and as a result the food when it did arrive was mediocre at best.
On 8/16/2014 I gave it another chance. My wife, Phyllis and my son John II were having dinner with our granddaughter Dana and her foster mother Laura. Dana and Laura wanted seafood and I suggested Bay Breeze. We met there at 4:30 PM and had no problem getting seating and we greeted our server Emily. She was efficient and a treat.
Each of us ordered what we wanted off the large menu list. Dana and Laura ordered fried combination plates. My son ordered a large fried seafood platter. Phyllis chose New England clam chowder and a large salad. I opted for one of the specials of Shrimp and grits along with New England clam chowder and a side salad.
Everything was wonderful and the service by Emily was outstanding.

• Visited August 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very satisfied..especially for the price.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

We really enjoyed our food. Crab legs were great..deviled crab and catfish were very tasty...my picky wife even loved her plate of food. We will be back!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank mdwayne74
Etowah, North Carolina
“Delicious Seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

The restaurant is very clean and attractive. Staff was cleaning chairs when we arrived st 5 PM. There is a great selection of broiled and fried fish as well as steak and chicken. Our server did an excellent job serving us. The stuffed flounder is delicious. Watch out for the fabulous deserts on display .

Asheville, North Carolina
“Above average...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

Very good seafood. Generous. They should however advise you in advance there is extra charges for more slaw if you ask for. Two bites is .89 cents. Nice atmosphere & servers.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
, Columbus, NC
“Service at its very Worst”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

On 21 June 2014, our church group had a reservation for dinner at 5:30 PM. We have had dinner at this restaurant frequently in the past and it has always been excellent. We arrived at 5:30 as scheduled and were seated at the large dining room in the rear by ourselves. We had approx. 24 diners all adults. The lady server took our orders o/a 5:40 PM. She brought our beverage orders and three salads for 3 diners. There was nothing else brought to us by 6:45 PM. At that time I sent to the front desk and complained in a private tone that no food had been brought to the table other then the salads. At one time earlier I had asked the server when the food would be brought to the table and her curt answer was "momentarily". Then at 7:05 PM the food arrived all at one time. We were amazed that it should not be available and then all of a sudden it was there. I cannot speak for others, but my wife's and my food which was meant to be served hot - was barely warm. Obviously, our group ate their dinner meal is a far different status then we had expected. We were terribly disappointed and some diners questioned coming the Bay Breeze again.

• Visited June 2014