“Just as Good as the Beach!”

Bay Breeze Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 203 Restaurants in Hendersonville
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We ate at Bay Breeze over the Memorial Day weekend. It was packed! We had to wait about 10 minutes for a table but it was worth it. Their popcorn shrimp and white fish platter was great and enoughh to share. Home cakes too! If you like seafood, I highly recommend!

Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

The food is fish camp style but yet this restaurant also has steak and lobster which is so much better then one would expect!! Excellent customer care !!!

1  Thank tanya m
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

This place is ok for seafood since there does not seem to be many places here for seafood but it is not the coast but being from SC where we have the "fish camps" that are pretty much comparable with the coast I was really disappointed with the seafood here very greasy and fake tasting seafood is a speciality and I guess the mountains is not the best place for it

Reviewed April 10, 2014

great food, great service they treat you like you are family.
The menu has things besides Seafood, their Fried Chicken when available is tops.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

My husband and I had been craving seafood, but we didn't feel we had the funds to spend $30.00 a plate for it. Though we live about a half hour away, we had been considering trying this restaurant to fulfill said requirements. I was skeptical. The reviews were mixed, but I also considered that (1) We live in the mountains. We do not live in The Keys. The food will not taste fresh off the boat, no matter how hard you try. (2) It is not a restaurant's fault, per se, that the clientele are, mmmm, a bit musty behind the ears. We live in a retirement area for Pete's sake. With the devil whispering his advocacy in my ear, we bit.

I will say, with 100% honesty, that the service was outstanding. Not only was our server the best, but the other employees seemed to be doing a great job as well. From that perspective, I have no complaints whatsoever.

The Greek salad was north of okay. The lettuce was fresh, and the dressing tasty. Not my favorite Greek ever, but it was certainly passable. When my meal of grouper and shrimp came, however, it all went south.

The grouper, a typically thick and robust fish, was flat as a proverbial flounder. The flavor was non-existent, and I actually had to CUT my fish with a KNIFE! "Oh, but there is shrimp!" me thought. Oh, but there really wasn't.

The shrimp tasted as though they had been marinated in chlorine. I suppose that was so it could have SOME taste. They were overcooked and tough as my grouper. The butter was orange, and speaking of orange, I was given an ORANGE SLICE to squeeze over my seafood. Am I a culinary oaf or is something very wrong here? Gordon Ramsey ... HELP!

In essence, if Jonah had eaten at Bay Breeze, it would have been a complete role reversal, with him spitting out the seafood, not the other way 'round. Ack.

I hate to be so snarky, but it was truly horrible. My husband's shrimp and grits were fair, he said, but nothing worth going back for. The only reason the score is a 2 and not a 1 is for the service. It is so sad that someone can't do "fish house" right. Sigh.