“We plan to go back!”
Review of Binion's Roadhouse

Binion's Roadhouse
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bowling Green, Kentucky
“We plan to go back!”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

We went here after a long week and were very happy with the overall experience. It was not fancy but had good quality. We sat outside and enjoyed some delicious beverages with a light meal. I have to say that everything was excellent and we plan to go back.

• Visited August 2014
OleBob, Public Relations Manager at Binion's Roadhouse, responded to this review, August 30, 2014
raya693, thank you so much and since you plan to return, we'll start immediately planning to take extra special care of you when your arrive!

Let's see now........we've got to: Make certain the place is clean and all equipment's working, make sure we have a full staff of trained employees and professional management, plenty of good things being prepped, good things cooking on the grill and plenty of groceries on hand.

OK, now when is it you plan to be here??
Appreciate you, raya! <OleBob>

“Too pricey for families.”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

I live and work in Hendersonville, NC. Our family had not been to Binions for some time, so we decided to try it the other day. Here is a summary of our visit:

1. Lunch menu did not include sides, such as fries, or salad, with most entries. I ordered the hamburger at a cost of almost $7....then you have to pay extra for French fries. This is not cost efficient for a family. The hamburger was very tasty, and cooked just right.

2. My wife ordered chicken strips, which did include French fries, but the chicken strips weren't tender and lacked taste. My wife said they tasted like cardboard. She did not finish them as they weren't enjoyable.

3. We ordered an onion bale....smallest onion bale I have ever seen....onion bale was under cooked, and lacked batter, so we asked for another one....a little better not much.

conclusion: All meals should come with at least 2 sides.....you should not have to pay for a side item if you are paying $12-$19 for a steak dinner. Hamburgers, or cheeseburgers, like every other upscale restaurant should come with a choice of fries or onion rings

Service was great.....a woman originally from Wisconsin was our server...very professional, and prompt.

If you have a family you would be better served to go down the road a little towards Wal Mart, to Golden Corral. They have all you want to eat, at around $10 bucks, and you get desert as well....Binions is just too expensive for a family when you have to pay for all your sides and amenities.

Binions is too expensive for what you get.

I was not impressed with a moonshine still built by a known moonshiner who lived in Maggie Valley, and was sentenced to prison, but committed suicide before he served his sentence. . I find it hard to understand why one would want to display an illegal still in his restaurant, legitimizing and maybe encouraging others to break the law. It had a continuous video of this person, and reminded me of a shrine, or alter to patronage him.

2 Thank Jdp B
OleBob, Public Relations Manager at Binion's Roadhouse, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Jdp B. Our primary allegiance is to the many customers who like what we do and regularly support us. But we do understand there will be differences of opinion.

I've tried to address each of your concerns:

1- Our customers tell us our $6.49 Cheeseburger is far superior to the $8.99 - $10.99 burger (which includes fries) served at most other FS restaurants. We think it's better to allow our customers the option to order only what they want & not require them to buy fries and pay more.

2- I cannot recall the last time someone complained about our chicken strips but we would have gladly exchanged them for something else if asked to do so.

3- Our Onion Blossom is the most popular App we sell (for almost $1 less than the one sold just up the street by another steakhouse).

4- If we offered 2 side items with each entree and did not raise prices, one or more of the following would have to occur or we'd soon be out of business: a- We'd have to reduce the portion size of side items and/or look for less expensive items made "at the factory" b- We'd have to reduce the portion size of entrees c- We'd have to locate and purchase lower quality meats d- We'd have to eliminate or somehow reduce the number of peanuts and yeast rolls we serve.
If we attempted any one of the 4, we just might be tarred and feathered!

5- Our service IS outstanding (Thank You, Servers!) and we thank you for mentioning this.

6- You're right. Golden Corral's buffet provides a lot of food for the price and may be a good option for some families.

7- To provide for his family, POPCORN SUTTON worked hard at the only trade he knew.To my knowledge, he bought and paid for the products and materials he used to make moonshine. He was diagnosed with cancer and about to be sent to prison just before he committed suicide at a fairly young age. His life story is tragic and seeing his still only makes me feel more fortunate and less likely to ever bump heads with the law.

<OleBob>
Fletcher
“Good family atmosphere, fast, friendly and really good food.”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

We visited on a busy Sunday afternoon. We were warmly greeted and seated immediately. Our server was prompt, efficient, attentive and friendly. Our food was delicious, accurate as ordered and delivered quickly. We had an excellent experience, loved the food and the prices were very reasonable. We will visit again very soon!

• Visited July 2014
OleBob, Public Relations Manager at Binion's Roadhouse, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Tarheel, we thank you, Pardner!

We are thrilled you had a good time and enjoyed yourselves. That's exactly what you should expect when you walk in. A good customer told me today that he just loved being inside Binion's, that he loved the decor and the general "feel" of the place....then he said, "and besides that, the food's good!" Made me smile because I also like the way it feels. Great food and service just might be the icing on the cake!

Tarheel from Fletcher, we appreciate your patronage and your very flattering comments! Come back soon, please. <OleBob>
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Took A Chance, Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

After reading the TripAdvisor reviews I was more than a little hesitant to visit Binions. However it was close to the hotel, was not fast food, and had an online menu with fair prices and selections I knew both my son and I would enjoy.

I am glad I gave it a chance. We arrived at 7:00 on a Saturday evening and found quite the crowd hanging around outside waiting for a table. I almost didn't go in assuming it would be an hour-long wait, but my son said he wanted to go there after I showed him the online menu. I was happy to find out that despite the crowd the wait was only 20 minutes. In reality it was closer to 30 minutes, but that was still faster than getting in the car and going to the next place. As it turns out, that was by far the slowest part of the experience.

Once we were called we were seated immediately, the server came over and took our drink order and had rolls on the table with our drinks all in less than 5 minutes of being seated. We ordered and I had my small side salad 5 minutes after that and in 15 minutes we both had our meals. Maybe even quicker. I have not had service this fast or this attentive in a VERY long time. In fact it was almost too fast. I didn't finish a roll before the salad appeared or the salad before the steak medallions appeared. It was fast, but not fast food. Very impressive especially since my son and I were hungry after a late start to dinner.

The food was decent. Not over-the-top great but that is not was I was expecting. This is not a 5-star $100/plate steak house. It is closer to a Texas Roadhouse or Longhorn Steakhouse but with a good bit more character. The food was on par with either, but not in a bad way. I like both of those places and find the food is consistent and decent at a fair price. Binions was very much the same. The salad was fresh with what must have been home made honey mustard dressing. The rolls were fresh and hot with soft butter with an excellent texture and flavor. My son's chicken was fresh white breast meat that was hot and juicy. My garlic mashed was real home mashed with just the right amount of garlic. The steak was think-sliced with a decent amount of peppers and onions and plenty of cheese to match. It was not a huge portion, but plenty for me with the salad and rolls. When I ordered my server informed me it was thin-sliced and would come out medium or medium-well, which was good to know up front and kept me from being unpleasantly surprised as it was not what I envisioned when I read the description.

The price was absolutely a great value. It cost LESS for our dinner for the 2 of us and included a lot more food than our lunch today. At $22 for dinner for 2 people it was by far one of the best priced meals I've had in a while. Just perfect for an affordable family meal. It may not have been a 5-star steak-house experience but that is not what I was looking for. I wanted a fair-priced family meal with good food and quick service. For that it hit the mark perfectly.

Zero complaints with the service, the quality of food, the timeliness or any of the other things some other TA reviews have noted. I would definitely stop here again when I'm in the area and looking for a good place to eat with my son in tow.

My only suggestion to management - try to respond to even the negative reviews in a positive manner. It will win you more respect from potential future customers. As a business owner I know it is hard to do, but one poorly worded or thought-out response can dissuade thousands of potential visitors in today's worldwide soapbox of the Internet.

For those that read some of those less-than-favorable reviews, give Binions a chance. I'm glad we did.

1 Thank StoreLocatorPlus
CharlestonSW,

Your experience on Saturday evening is characteristic of a very busy Binion's. You have stated well what happened after you arrived and how you felt about it. We appreciate your honest and candid review and thank you very much!

My wife and I refer to TripAdvisor frequently when we travel. But, like anything you read on-line, especially from anonymous sources, a large measure of skepticism should be applied. Ask yourself this. If a restaurant serves 1,000 happy customers and 1 unnamed source (who may or may not have ever been inside) says their food or service was not good, does that fairly represent the restaurant?

At Binion's we make it a point to know what's happening. I won't go into detail about every aspect of this, but in our restaurant, the chance of an individual or a group of people having a really bad experience, getting lost in the shuffle or ignored, etc and us to be totally clueless about it, is extremely low. Very seldom does a problem occur that we don't quickly learn about and fix.

Please never feel that eating with us is iffy. The vast majority of customers leave Binion's impressed as you were, CharlestonSW. We'd love to have you come back the next time you drive up from Mt Pleasant! <OleBob>
North Carolina
“Food Nothing Special”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

After reading reviews decided to give Binion's another try after an 8-year absence. Peanuts in the bucket were good and service was friendly and prompt. Country fried steak (lunch special) was dry, over cooked, and my companions were equally disappointed in their meals. Sorry -- the food was nothing special.

1 Thank SMP-NC
OleBob, Public Relations Manager at Binion's Roadhouse, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
SMP-NC, we are sorry but -

We have no record of your visit. Please assist us by emailing the following information. We promise to research what occurred and quickly respond.

1- Date and time of your visit
2- Servers name
3- # in party
4- Menu items ordered
5- Copy of receipt
6- Name (s) of anyone at the
restaurant made aware of this.

Please note:
1- Problems are rare but we cannot correct
things we are unaware of.
2- Exchanges or refunds cannot be made for
food eaten at the restaurant, said to be
excellent, then later said to be unsatisfactory.
3- We rely heavily on in-house feedback from
guests to make all visits as perfect as possible.

<OleBob>