“Very authentic German restaurant”

Haus Heidelberg German Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 204 Restaurants in Hendersonville
Cuisines: Delicatessen, German
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I have been to many German restaurants across the US and I think this is probably the most authentic German restaurant that I have ever visited. Even the server had a German accent. I had the Jaegerschnitzel and Goulasch Soup and my wife the Schnitzel Sample Platter with pieces of Jaegerschnitzel, Zigeunerschnitzel, Sauerbraten, Beef Rouladen and Spaetzle. On the side we had Roast Potatoes, Red Cabbage and Sauerkraut. The Jaegerschnitzel, Goulasch Soup, Sauerbraten, Roast Potatoes, Red Cabbage, Sauerkraut and Spaetzle tasted exactly like in Germany. The Zigeunerschnitzel and Rouladen were variations of the standard recipes that I am sure can be found in somewhere in Germany, too.
I really enjoyed the food, speedy service and large portions.
The restaurant has an interesting decoration and they even show a video of Germany on the TVs.
I can definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone who is looking for authentic (not Americanized!) German food.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

I went to this restaurant on someone's suggestion, they know I'm from Germany. I never expect meals in German Restaurants to compare to the real thing so that I'm not so disappointed - I've learned this early on. This restaurant is no exception. However, for American/German food it really isn't bad and you could have (food-wise) a decent lunch here. I do think that it is truly overpriced. For $18 I can get a meal in a beautiful restaurant where I am treated special.

The reason I gave it this rating is because of the Owners mother, Edith. While the young lady who waitresses here was working in the deli, attending all tables during lunch, answering the phone, etc. with a smile on her face and a kind disposition....Edith was behaving like a "hexe" (witch to those of you who don't speak German). I was sitting a bit in the isle of the restaurant when she stormed in. She didn't put her pocketbook down yet before she asked if we wouldn't like to sit somewhere else. I said we were fine, thank you. She responded "well, we're not - you'll have to move". She spent the next half hour yapping at that poor sweet girl about letting me sit in the isle and in front of us and all the other customers sitting around us. I was never so embarrassed. I didn't want to leave without eating (and paying) what we ordered but my husband sure was ready to. She complained and complained to the girl and so loudly everyone heard. When I left I told the girl "I have to give you credit....I don't know how you put up with her".

I may eat there again, but my first question will always be "Is Edith in the Haus"?

4  Thank Angela G
Reviewed November 20, 2013

If you like and appreciate good German food by all means be sure to stop at the Haus Heildberg Restaurant. Service and food are both excellent. Loved the sausage platter and the wiener schnitzel cooked to perfection. Great beer sampler as well.

Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Loved it! Joined friends that eat there all the time, I've never eaten at a German restaurant although always wanted to!
I had the Hungarian Kielbasa with red cabbage and warm potato salad !
Awesome beer selection!
Don't go if you're vegetarian!!!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I went there with a buddy who is of German descent. He ordered the sausage sampler which came with warm potato salad and red cabbage. He also got a beer sampler. This is one of his favorite restaurants, and we came up from Greenville, S.C. for a dinner after a hike around Dupont State Park. I had the lentil soup with a frank, and it was fine.... The owner, a blond, blue eyed native German was our waitress, and added that extra bit of authenticity to the restaurant. I wished they would have offered lactic acid, naturally fermented sauerkraut as well, but that was not to be.....but overall authentic ethnic German food.