“Great Pizza” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of West First

West First
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hendersonville, North Carolina, United States
“Great Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2014

This restaurant continues to serve excellent pizza and salads with great selection of beers time after time!!! Worth seeking out in downtown Hendersonville!!!

• Visited August 2014

Flat Rock, North Carolina
“Fabulous pizza and wedge salad”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2014

Best wood fire pizza in Hendersonville. Excellent beer selections. Cold, fresh, wedge salad with great toppings. Inside, or outside seating. Can be noisy at night with long waits at times. Reservations only for 6 or more. Pasta and other salads also delicious.

• Visited September 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Good, not great, just good.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2014 via mobile

We are lunch here during the Apple Days Extravaganza. The food was good (since moving from the western US we've had to lower out standards) and fairly priced. A simple and not too large of menu. My Reuben came on white bread and needed more sauerkraut. My wife's meatball sandwich was delicious but barely had any sauce on it. Staff were professional but nothing beyond that. They all seemed stressed and tired of all the business from the fair. I'd probably go back if in the area to try their pizza which looked tasty and seemed to get great reviews.

1 Thank DirkaDirk
United States
“Literally the worst table in the house”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2014

For starters, I have to say the pizza was good. So it's a real disappointment that we were seated at literally the worst table in the house, because it really dampened my impression of the place.
They were busy when we arrived, and after waiting 20-30 minutes, we were shown to a table upstairs. The upstairs area has one too many tables: the one we were seated at. It was directly next to their server cart and the stairs. So all night as I'm trying to enjoy my meal, I am staring at other people's dirty dishes, leftover food bits, and cleaning supplies. Not a good atmosphere. Also every time a server came upstairs or went downstairs, they were practically on top of us. I took a good look around the restaurant and realized this was the worst table to be given. I understand that a restaurant wants to squeeze in as many tables as possible, because one more table is one more check, but other arrangements should have been made. Some way to hide the server station perhaps would help.
The servers were mechanical, no real personality. On the other hand, I liked their interesting choice of pizzas. I had the potato pizza, and it was great. I never would have guessed you could put potatoes on a pizza, but it really worked. My husband had the salmon pizza and liked it. Unfortunately, due to my bad impression of the place, I probably wouldn't return. I just hope you don't get the BAD table when you go.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Manahawkin, New Jersey
“Fantastic place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2014

This place was wonderful, great atmosphere and quaint little bar.
The food is great, pizza is awesome....Lots of natural and organic things, they offer gluten free pizza crust, whole wheat and traditional crust. All there dishes looked amazing as my husband and I looked at every dish going by. I highly recommend this place. Bartenders and waiters are so nice. You will not be disappointed at all

Visited August 2014