“Great pizza”

West First
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed August 19, 2014

This place is a very cool and modern atmosphere with a nice selection of varied fresh items on the menu. Great beer on tap selection just at the edge of town.

Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

We came right before 8 and had to wait only a few minutes since the restaurant is very popular, understandably!

Very delicious meal! They make their own pasta which was delicious , tried a bite. My husband had the Campari pizza and he said it was amazing and beats a national ranked best pizza ranked by Rachael Ray that we have had. I had the small wedge salad which was a perfect size as the small for
My meal since I wasn't too hungry at the time. Portion sizes for smells are generous!

Our server was very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

I had looked up this restaurant prior to our trip and planned a visit to hendersonville so we could eat there. We had hoped to eat in late afternoon , but found they didn't open until 5. We were able to get in the restaurant about 4:50 and looked at a menu while we waited to be seated. I noticed on the kids menu that it said meals came with apple juice or milk. As we were seated i asked the hostess if our kids could get pop instead. She replied "of course, they can get whatever they want." We sat, and one of our sons ordered a rootbeer and the other a coke. She returned with a fancy bottle of root beer. We try to be careful with what we spend and it really bothers me when a waitress simply brings a rootbeer without mentioning that it isn't a fountain drink. I mentioned, "oh, I didn't know it wasn't a fountain drink. I'm guessing that doesn't come with the kids meal." She replied with attitude " no pop comes with the kids meal." I told her what the server had told us but that didn't matter. It was "I've been working here 8 years and that has always been our policy" she then let the child with the coke keep his while taking away the opened bottle of root beer and bringing the other child an apple juice. I wanted to talk to the hostess immediately about the contradiction, but the waitress (Denise) had gone right over to talk to her. When I later did catch the hostess as she walked by she replied "I thought that you were asking if you could order a pop with a kids meal - the menu says that it comes with milk or juice. You can get a pop but you have to pay for it." That makes absolutely no sense! Why would I ask if I could pay for a pop for my child ?? Our waitress (Denise) was as unfriendly as could be through the rest of our meal. I don't believe I have ever experienced such a crabby waitress anywhere. She was also crabby, not apologetic when she got an order wrong and brought one child a cheese pizza instead of sausage. It was back a minute later with sausage sprinkled on top. The pizza was really quite good but was very expensive and not an enjoyable experience. In the end I wished we had walked out rather than staying there and would never return. A restaurant isn't just about the food. Staff needs to be trained how to treat customers.

3  Thank adventureswith3boys
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We moved here over two months ago. We keep going back here for the pizza. They are very creative. Every one that we have tried is so good, even if it may sound weird. The cheese they use is excellent.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

We were very surprised to find a real local serviced restaurant in this small N.C. Town of Hendersonville. We dined here with local friends who told us about this gluten free, organic, fresh produce and non hormone using restaurant. It was almost 9:00pm and the kitchen prepared us Pizza and salad that was delicious. The service was on point and the experience of dining outside was delightful. The ambiance is okay but the truck traffic outside was loud and steady. The fire pit pizza is the kitchen focal point and the fire flavor was tasted in the pizza crust. The pizza was priced $15.00 each and the salad was $10.50. We would eat here again and enjoy the farm sourced ingredients again.