“Great Sandwiches!”

West First
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We just got back from lunch at West First. Outstanding fresh sandwiches! All the ingredients are local, and they bake their own breads. I had the Max Club, that comes with a side of pasta salad or fresh fruit. I chose the pasta salad, which was to me ordinary. However, the Max Club was Max Delicious! I was kind of hungry, so I ate the whole thing. I probably would have taken half home, but we're traveling and already have plans for dinner. The restaurant is just down the block a bit from Main Street, which is what I should have walked after this lunch! The decor is interesting, and the service was great! Next time in the area we'll try this place again - I want to try the pizza!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Simply put, excellent pizza and salads, all fresh. Excellent service, excellent atmosphere. Great location. When we are in Hendersonville ............. it's just where we go. We don't go expecting all of this, but we get it without fail.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

The name of this restaurant intrigued us and we felt right at ease as we saw the huge but brightly painted oven and the open kitchen. The food turned out to be equally good with good soups, pasta and smiling waitresses. Their bread was very good too.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We were there on Saturday at 5 when they opened for dinner service.
Pros: pleasant, fast service, kids toys in the waiting area (wow! Great idea), great bread, yummy Greek chicken pizza, fun kids meal options.
Cons: 2 of the four dishes were horrible, when we returned pink chicken it came back rubberized. (We got the point, you're the chef, shut up and eat it.)
We won't go back. 50/50 odds leaves so many great Western Carolina restaurants ahead of it.

2  Thank Truestarlight
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Someone who lives in Hendersonville recommended this restaurant to us while we were vacationing in the area. We were in the mood for pizza, and theirs was outstanding. Ours had fresh tomatoes, fresh garlic olive oil, fresh mozzarella and fresh basil. The crust was just perfect. Their house salad was very tasty and fresh as well; as was the dessert. Our waiter was good and the atmosphere pleasant. Wish we had this place in our home town!