“Wonderful food!”

West First
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed October 13, 2012

This was a great restaurant for a vegetarian. The spinach artichoke goat cheese dip was the BEST I've ever had, and they served good bread with it. The evening's special salad was sooo good! It was arugula with pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, Brie cheese and a creamy radish dressing - yum! It was a bit noisy and crowded and our waitress forgot to give us napkins and silverware, but otherwise it was perfect!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

The food was really good but the restaurant has the open "urban renovated" style and is very LOUD. The open kitchen noises (with one cooks tuneless whistling), and overcrowded tables, and people at the bar meant that we could not carry on a conversation at our table. And this was early on a weeknight. I cannot imagine the noise on a weekend night. There is a wonderful outside eating area and I will go back only if it is nice enough to eat outside.

Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Awesome pizza and good family restaurant with young kiddos (if no wait). Got right in, hostess tried to seat our family of 5 at a 4 seater (duh). We shared a lg Greek salad and 3 pizzas and took a full box home for leftovers. Yummy food with style.

Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Very crowded, but good service. The greek pizza and spinach dip were amazing. A little too new age, but good food.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

In downtown Hendersonville on business, I found a parking spot for my Sequoia (next to a number of Priuses) right in front of West First, a half block off Hendersonville's charming Main Street, so I popped in and had the 9" personal pizza, cheese with pepperoni, and a Green Man porter draft. Loved it, baby! I had intended to take home some of the pizza to my wife, but it was so good I ate it all.

I also enjoyed the atmosphere. The main dining room is a large rectangle, anchored at the far end by the open wood-fired oven blazing away. Dominating the left side of the room are two large, striking paintings, said to be portraits, more or less, of the owner's grandparents. The other other long wall is brick. The ceiling is high, in the standard industrial restaurant style with duct work showing. There is also a pleasant small dining area in a covered patio outside, and a second level loft.

The waitress was efficient and pleasant.

The pizza with draft came to a little over $12 (after tax but before my usual generous tip), which was reasonable.

I'll definitely be back!