Melange Bed and Breakfast
Ramada Hendersonville(Hendersonville)
$67
$69
Best Western Hendersonville Inn(Hendersonville)(Great Value!)
$88
$76
Hampton Inn Hendersonville(Hendersonville)(Great Value!)
$129
EconoLodge
$123
$110
TripAdvisor
Mountain Inn & Suites Airport(Hendersonville)(Great Value!)
$99
CedarWood Inn(Hendersonville)(Great Value!)
$89
Travelocity
Comfort Inn(Hendersonville)
$80
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmehmet and laleemerald roomrose suitescarlet roomthe pearlb bbed and breakfastgracious hoststurkish coffeespa showerprivate porchgrounds are beautifulold worldglass of winedietary restrictionsanniversary tripfeel like family
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 27, 2010

I recently spent three nights at Melange and couldn't be more pleased. It was a slice of heaven in every way. The inn itself is spacious, pristine, tasteful and welcoming. The rooms are so varied in their decor, each one is like a museum exhibit ready to be discovered. The grounds are immaculate in their landscaping and are paradise on earth--perfect for a serene getaway from the hustle and bustle of the city or for any kind of celebration. You are surrounded by nature and the relaxing symphony of birds singing was almost surreal. Every meal--from the breakfast parfait, shrimp casserole at lunch or salmon soup for dinner--is delicious in its innovation and prepared from scratch by the owner herself. I will never forget the taste of the freshly baked blueberry muffins. I was treated like royalty by the very attentive innkeepers but also had the opportunity to relish and enjoy my privacy. I would highly recommend this hidden gem to anyone and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Estoril12
Reviewed April 26, 2010

I read a book many years ago called The Simple Truths of Great Service. It is a book about Creating Memories and Caring for People. There are many stories in this book that are impactful to read about experiences others have had. I can now say that Mélange Bed & Breakfast created an experience for me and my new husband that I have only read about until on my wedding day on 4/24.

I had the opportunity to meet owners Mehmet and Lale earlier in the year after I was proposed to. I looked and looked all over for the right place -- I knew what I wanted, but I just couldn't find it in Charlotte, Charleston, Raleigh, or Asheville. I wanted a place that would create a memory for me and for all the special people in lives. From day one, this place offered something more, they offered the AND THEN SOME factor (above and beyond). Mehmet called and invited us to join them for breakfast and then a tour. We went in January when it was cold. We arrived in the driveway and I commented "I really feel great about this place" - it's just a feeling, but it just feels right. We were served a fabulous breakfast in the Tea Room on beautiful China and I was simply in awe. The rest is history.

I had an opportunity to stay in the Rose Suite prior to my wedding and the accommodations were just beautiful, the breakfast was outstanding. I couldn't wait to go back and we did. We were invited back about 6 weeks prior to our wedding to work on the details and we had an opportunity to experience the Scarlet Room which has a very nice private balcony. We enjoyed that room very much and this time I decided to indulge in one of their robes. Again, we were delighted by the delicious breakfast.
We most recently (4.24) went back for our wedding and stayed in the Ivory Room (my personal favorite) and our guests rented out the other rooms.

Earlier in the day the sun was out and our wedding was going to be in the front of the house, with a reception on the rose garden patio and dinner in the pavilion. Mehmet and his staff were proactive in suggesting some options so I guests didn't get soaked by the storm moving in and we went with their recommendations. . Every bride wants her day to be "grand and glorious” and that doesn't include rain -- well, ours was still "grand and glorious". We had the entire wedding, social hour an dinner in the Pavilion. It rained the entire evening and the only time I noticed the rain is when the evening ended.

Great Service comes from the heart. If people don't have it in their heart the desire to service and make a difference for others, they will not give extraordinary service. Lale and Mehmet pour their heart into making your experience in their home, which becomes your home. Great service is also a choice and they choose and their staff chooses to makes a difference.

All of our guests commented that our wedding was a blast, the food was outstanding, and the accommodations were simply outstanding. I can honestly say that I didn't have an opportunity to enjoy the food but our guests sure did. I have received calls and emails complimenting us on the food. They even made sure that for those with special diets (gluten free as well as vegan) were "cared for.

My husband and I will not only make Mélange our "anniversary tradition" but we will also making this our second home as often as we can. We even learned this morning that some friends have already made reservations to go their when their mom from England comes to visit. (I think we may have to tag along).

Just the right place for a weekend getaway, to celebrate an occasion or simply just beacause!

With Gratitude,

Jacqueline & Nelson Bassett

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jacbassett
Reviewed April 18, 2010

We had a wonderful stay at the Melange Inn! We have stayed at numerous B&B's and this has been one of our best and most enjoyable experiences!
Mehmet and Lolly are absolutely wonderful hosts, and their customer service is second to none! They are truly delightful people, and their goal is to ensure you are comfortable in their "home".
The breakfasts were superb, each morning something new and delicious. Our room, The Pearl Room, was spacious, very comfortable and complete with a fabulous bathroom with double sinks and plenty of room!
This is a place that we look forward to visiting again and again!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kimmark3
Reviewed April 18, 2010

Henderson, NC is a delightful town and the Melange is also delightful. The inn keepers, Lale & Mehmet Ozelsel, make you feel very much at home. Definitely someplace you want to return when you are in the area. Breakfast was yummy. We were there a little before the gardens were in bloom, but one could tell they were very well maintained, just waiting for some warmth and the buds would pop out.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2010

We had an October wedding here and it was amazing. The owners worked very hard with us to make this a very special day. In order to have the wedding we had to rent out the whole place for the weekend. It was pricey for us and certainly pushed our budget some, but it was worth it.
The house itself and all of the rooms have a lot of character. The owners, Lale and Mehmet, are from Turkey, but the house has a middle European feel to it. The rooms can be a little small, but with large beds and luxurious restrooms, this was never a problem.
Breakfasts in the morning were always a treat. They offer more than just the traditional eggs and bacon. Fresh fruit, excellent breads and some interesting egg creations were the standard.
One drawback is because of local laws, the owners don't allow you to bring your own food on the premises. They are not very lenient in that regard, which was frustrating at times.
The wedding came together very well. They created a wonderful meal for us, which pleased the vegetarians and the picky eaters at the wedding. The food was expensive, and we did feel a little limited in creating our menu - however - several people told us the food was the best they had ever had at a wedding. From our 6-year-old nephews to our grandmothers, everyone raved about the chicken tarragon, the rice pilaf, and spinach salad and the stuffed portabellas.
Melange will long carry wonderful memories for us and will be a place for us to go back to again and again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family