“I thought I had stayed at some really nice places before”

Melange Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 15 Hendersonville B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
myrtle beach
“I thought I had stayed at some really nice places before”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Melange is now my #1 favorite place I have ever stayed! The home is historic, spacious, and exquisitely decorated. The grounds are beautifully landscaped with lots of flowers. The guest rooms are absolutely sumptuous with modern bathrooms. (Our room had an amazing private balcony porch with a chaise and a rocker upholstered in beautiful fabrics!) Mehmet and Lale are so warm and welcoming, still they give you all the privacy you need. The food was unbelievably good--world class. Be sure to make reservations for Mehmet to prepare a special dinner for you. We went with four other couples who are old friends, and we all agreed that Melange was a Home Run! Sincerely, Sherry and Marc

Room Tip: I don't think you can go wrong here! Our room (the Scarlet Room) was the smallest and least exp...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
graham,nc
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I wanted to thank you both..Lale and Mehmet did a great job of making our visit memorable. The Bed and Breakfast rates on the top of our list as places to stay. The food was the best I have had at any BB. The house was gorgeous with a lot of history. I would surely stay there again.

Jerry and Doug

Room Tip: all rooms have something different to offer.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I spent two nights at the Melange Bed and Breakfast after spending several days vacationing in Asheville. We had stayed at the Melange previously and were married there in 2005. Our recent visit only enhanced our wonderful memories - if only we were closer so we could stay more often. The home was even more beautiful, with added amenities, our room was scrumptious, and our hosts, Mahmet and Lale, were, well, just as welcoming and friendly as we remember. And I have not even talked about the breakfasts yet...just wonderful. On our return trip, we talked about not letting so long of a time pass before visiting again. Mahmet and Lale - Thank you for everything.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Taylors, South Carolina
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I had never stayed at a Bed and Breakfast. We chose to celebrate our fourth anniversary here. When I spoke with Mehmet (the host) on the phone, not only was ha excited that we were going to be joining them, but he also immediately pronounced my Hungarian last name correctly.
When we pulled up to the front door, he met us ready to help with his lovely hostess Lale beside him. They were warm and welcoming the entire time. An example of their hospitality was Lale's willingness to show me how see prepares her Turkish coffee (which is superb).
The house is incredible. As a historic home it brings a certain charm and quietness to the experience. Due to the quit nature of the house, my wife and I did feel we needed to tip-toe around as some of the floors squeak (we expected that from such a historic home). We felt that any noise we might make may be heard by the other guests and we did not want to disturb them. We later found out that the other guests had not heard a single noise come from our room. The noises that are common with living may seem loud in the home to you, but the others never hear it. What a relief.
There was never a time in the Melange that we felt ill at ease or had a lack of peace. It was a wonderful atmosphere and a was upheld by phenomenal hosts. Our breakfast was filling, healthy, and one of the better meals I've had in a long time. The flavor and aroma was comforting and pleasurable.
If we choose to visit another bed and breakfast in the future, we hope that the food can compare, the hosts try to measure up, and the home be as alluring as our experience was at the Melange.

Room Tip: The Emerald room had a wonderful view of the front gardens. Although it was cool out, too cold for m...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We had a wonderful stay at Melange. The room was wonderful, and the breakfast is out-of-this-world good. Mahmet and Lale are delightful. We also enjoyed the common areas of this beautiful secluded place, which is also near downtown. We will definitely be returning to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We just enjoyed our second stay at Melange in September. We have stayed at B&B’s all over the U.S. and some in Europe, and Melange is in the top handful anywhere! There are three important qualifications for an excellent B&B—a beautiful home, great food, and hosted by delightful people interested in ensuring you have a unique experience. Melange excels in all three! The home and grounds are spectacular—it truly is a mélange of period pieces from the South and pieces reflecting the owners’ Turkish heritage. Fabulous place for an intimate wedding or other small to medium-sized event. And then there is the food! Mehmet is a trained chef and he and Lale serve a breakfast you can’t get anywhere else—a work of art! Do take advantage of the “Dinner for Two” if offered; it is also a mélange of cuisines that add interesting Turkish touches to more familiar Western dishes. To die for! Lale and Mehmet truly enjoy hosting, and make us feel like family—such a respite after a long day that it’s like coming home!

Room Tip: One of my favorites is the Emerald Room, they are all spectacular, but I love the outdoor deck. If...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed September 23, 2012

When you stay at the Melange you step back in time when the world was a gentler place. Old world charm, stress free atmosphere but if you must, it does provide all the conveniences of the 21st century (wi-fi etc) The hosts of Melange are the secret. They make their beautiful home yours. The breakfast is a culinary experience. The grounds surrounded by trees and hedges that make the outside world disappear for as long as you are there. Each room is a treasure. It was a delight to study each one and choose the one that fit our personality. It did not disappoint.
Truly for an experience to last a lifetime choose the Melange. I know it will be the only place for us when we return.

Room Tip: Each room has a charm and special feeling. Visit Melange site and view each room and description to...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hendersonville
Highland Lake Inn & Resort Hendersonville
#3 of 5 in Flat Rock
Mountain Inn & Suites Airport
Mountain Inn & Suites Airport
#4 of 11 in Hendersonville

Been to Melange Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!