“Authentic Italian”
Review of Renzo's Ristorante

Renzo's Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Renzo's Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 212 Restaurants in Hendersonville
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Serving Hendersonville, North Carolina, since March of 2015, Renzo's Ristorante is dedicated to serving fresh, authentic Italian cuisine and to creating the most exquisite fine dining experience in Western North Carolina.
Reviewed August 23, 2018

We had a great dinner here, with the owner, Renzo, stopping at our table several times to answer our questions of the restaurant and his histroy. OUr server was very good, service oustanding. The meal was topped off with a piece of Teramisu that was excellent.

Reviewed August 20, 2018

Always enjoy the Northern Italian cooking here. Love the outdoor table. A bit pricey for a downtown Italian place but decent food. Service has always been good.

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed our visit, but a couple of things were disappointing. $16 salads are much too big and too expensive for a salad before dinner. The specials were quite nice, but $38 for four scallops over linguine seems a bit much.
Finally there was a mandatory tip added to the bill. That’s outrageous and a reason not to return.
Not the way you want to remember a dinner out.

Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

Everything was great - from the service to the delicious bread, caprese salad with prosciutto, and lasagna. This is one of the best Italian restaurants in Hendersonville, in my opinion. We visit my in-laws every year, and I'm happy I found Renzos.

Reviewed August 13, 2018

We were excited to try this restaurant, a year too late it seems. We ordered the rolled eggplant at the waiters recommendation. This is an inexpensive dish where the price paid is all in the preparation and execution. Well prepared it should melt in your mouth with a crisp outside. This was not crisp (so why bread it?) and though the ingredients were fresh it was just nothing special at all. The Carpaccio was a sin. Wet, not perfectly fresh raw beef with no seasoning and a few tiny pieces of cheese and a few capers. I was very hungry, but I should have sent it back anyway. Instead I blotted the meat myself, seasoned it with some olive oil and spice on the table for bread and was grateful I was able to make it somewhat palatable. The clams and linguini was adequate, though the serving size was half what one would expect for the price. A pound of clams retail costs a quarter of the price of this dish. A half pound makes no sense. The only other thing we got was a very basic Caesar salad that would have been fine for half the price. No surprise that on a busy Sunday at 7:30 this place was nearly empty. My guess it that it will be gone by next spring unless prices come down and quality goes up. I might suggest they start with a chef that knows Italian food.