“Nice Pub...Great Corned Beef....Good Beer Selection”
Review of Black Rose Pub

Black Rose Pub
Ranked #26 of 197 Restaurants in Hendersonville
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Nice Pub...Great Corned Beef....Good Beer Selection”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We didn't have a chance to try any of the beers...but my husband was impressed with the on tap selection. We had potato skins for an appetizer there were really yummy. I had a hot corned beef sandwich with fries. The corned beef was great...but the fries were just a little bit over seasoned (salty) for me. Service was good. The waitress was super friendly...but nice enough.

Ohio
“If You Like Pubs - You'll Love The Black Rose”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I've been there many times and each time it never disappoints. Six of us stopped on a Tuesday ahead of attending a movie. We loved the lengthy and interesting draught beer selections and many different types were ordered. The menu is pub food but also includes true English fare like shepherds pie and fish & chips. They also have some wonderful and creative burgers. As a complete departure, I choose the warm spinach and bacon salad with chicken added. My salad was really good! Everyone liked their meals and complimented me on suggesting dinner, there. Yea! Service was excellent and accurate. Prices are quite reasonable. I like the feeling I have inside the BR and when added to really good food and loads of beer choices...that spells "winner" to me!

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Great burger and sandwiches”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Started with seafood gumbo, big enough to share. Spicy and tasty. Burgers are thick and tasty. My grouper sandwich was just right -- mine was blackened. Good beers. Fast, frindly service. Granddaughter liked the burger sliders, which were substantial. Sidewalk dining was wonderful on a fall Sunday.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Best of the Best”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

It was the kind of Irish Pub that I like to envision. There was lots of wood, lots of cubicles, and lots of spirits - without lots of noise. The steak sandwich had the best flavor of any that I have had elsewhere. The service was friendly and accomodating; the staff went out of their way to help us when needed. The setting (Hendersonville, NC) is an artistic, mountain town with ecclectic shops, antique stores, and a variety of eateries. When looking for an affordable, delicious restaurant option, you may find that this establishment is one of the best.

• Visited September 2013
Penrose, North Carolina
“We keep going back”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We have eaten at the Black Rose several times over the summer and have always loved their food. The service has been very good with friendly and attentive staff. I have had their black and bule cheese burger and their fish and chips (more than once) and I would heartily recommend either dish. But I am quite partial to their fish and chips. The flavor of the fish is wonderful and the cole slaw and fries are nicely seasoned and very tasty. My spouse has had the Salmon and recommends it too.

• Visited August 2013