“Can't wait to go back!”
Review of Mrs G and Me - CLOSED

Mrs G and Me
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed June 17, 2011

We enjoyed the entire experience! The sandwich and salad were both excellent and the service was terrific! The owners are right there to be sure that everyone is satisfied with their food and service. It seemed that most of the other diners had been there many times. If you only want dessert, have the bread pudding. It's very large...great to share and it's one of the best we've ever had!

1  Thank Siamese4me

Reviewed June 11, 2011

Meat Loaf - $13.95
Flavorful and juicy, our mixture of ground chuck and pork combines with a special blend of vegetables, herbs and spices is sure to be one of your favorites! We use rice instead of bread crumbs to bind our meatloaf making it gulten-free!
*******************************************
The above was copied from Mrs G's restaurant menu. Not only can they not spell GLUTEN (I must eat gluten free) they cannot transform cheap meatloaf served at all-you-can-eat buffet places for 6.95, into a gourmet dish worth the price of Filet Mignon!
AV O I D.

2  Thank sanndun
hville_girl, Owner at Mrs G and Me, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2011

Given the number of good reviews of our restaurant, both Mrs G and Mr G would be very interested in knowing what caused such problems with you when dining at our restaurant. We take very seriously all comments and critiques. We have sent you a private message to respond as we don't want to disappoint any diners. We visit every table and personally speak with every customer to make sure they are satisfied. Somehow you must have slipped through the cracks. We are truly sorry.

Reviewed May 23, 2011

My wife and I enjoyed a delicious dinner at Mrs. G and Me in Hendersonville, North Carolina. The proprietors put together a special menu of traditional British foods. It was spectacular. This is a regular dinner-date destination for us because we enjoy their food so much -- always prepared perfectly, and the prices are very reasonable. A great value, with very friendly staff.

Reviewed May 7, 2011

I spent 2 months in Hendersonville area last summer and ate at Mrs G and Me several times. I'm looking forward to doing the same this year. For appetizer I recommend hot crab dip. 5 star - to die for. I loved the special cold soup, cucumber and dill made with cream. Again 5 star. Good main dishes are crab cakes, tilapia which came with a small portion of pasta, and a special - blackened red snapper with peach and strawberry salsa. For dessert: berry cake or bread pudding with awesome caramel sauce (plenty for 2),

1  Thank SusanSchooler
Reviewed April 25, 2011

My wife and I stopped into Mrs. G's and Me totally by chance. What a pleasant surprise. The food is excellent, the prices very reasonable, the staff is exceptionally friendly, and the ambiance is great.

I tried the mushroom soup and it was easily the best I have ever had. I was so impressed, I asked the waitress if the chef would share her recipe. A short while later the chef came out, told us how to make it, and stayed and chatted for a while.

I tried the meat loaf and my wife had vegetarian meat loaf. I couldn't believe it. Both were outstanding but, in both my wifes and my opinion, the vegetarian was the best of the two. Just excellent food.

The total experience was so good my wife and I talked about it several times on our trip back to MD. If we ever get back to Hendersonville again, Mrs. G's and Me we will definitely stop again.

1  Thank Wanderer046