“A very pleasant experience and outstanding food”
Review of Mrs G and Me - CLOSED

Mrs G and Me
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Leonardtown, MD
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A very pleasant experience and outstanding food”
Reviewed April 25, 2011

My wife and I stopped into Mrs. G's and Me totally by chance. What a pleasant surprise. The food is excellent, the prices very reasonable, the staff is exceptionally friendly, and the ambiance is great.

I tried the mushroom soup and it was easily the best I have ever had. I was so impressed, I asked the waitress if the chef would share her recipe. A short while later the chef came out, told us how to make it, and stayed and chatted for a while.

I tried the meat loaf and my wife had vegetarian meat loaf. I couldn't believe it. Both were outstanding but, in both my wifes and my opinion, the vegetarian was the best of the two. Just excellent food.

The total experience was so good my wife and I talked about it several times on our trip back to MD. If we ever get back to Hendersonville again, Mrs. G's and Me we will definitely stop again.

Visited April 2011
1 Thank Wanderer046

“Food To Die For!”
Reviewed February 27, 2011

Mrs G and Me should be visited by the Food Network people. One meal and they would feature this place on one of their shows. The Chicken and Dumplings deserve an award. The Goat Cheese Torte appetizer is amazing. Fresh wonderful food!

1 Thank Joytarheel
Louisville, Kentucky, USA
“Great Food, I'd go back.”
Reviewed November 5, 2010

Didn't expect much in this quaint town but Mrs. G & Me surprised us. The food was great. If I'm ever in the area again, I'll go back.

Cromwell, Connecticut
“A First Class Restaurant”
Reviewed October 13, 2010

We had the pleasure of a Sunday dinner at Mrs. G and Me. We were first time visitors in the Asheville/Hendersonville area.

After visiting the Carl Sandburg house and making it up (way up) and down Chimney Rock we ready for a relaxing and enjoyable dinner. Along with our Hendersonville area hosts we dined at Mrs. G and Me.

The restaurant is bright and and cheery. A front to back mural continues to be an artistic work in progress.

The menu offers a wide variety of interesting. Our party enjoyed filet mignon, crabcakes and the shrimp special of the day. All meals were excellent.

This is the type of restaurant I would love to have in my area. Excellent food, reasonable prices, bright and airy dining room. If I lived in Hendersonville, I would be there at least once a week!

1 Thank CTGolfDude
Hendersonville, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent restaurant”
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Our entrees were great and not pre-prepared...takes a little longer but well worth the wait. The service was prompt but not over-bearing, and the atmosphere (we had reserved the table by the window) was perfect. Mrs G and Me (owners) spent time talking with us and making us feel welcome...we shall return!

1 Thank parkerrob