“Inn on Church is AWESOME!!”
Review of The Henderson

The Henderson
Ranked #3 of 15 Hendersonville B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My family and I stayed at Inn on Church during a family wedding. It was my first experience with a B&B and it was great!! I even got to bring my dog MOE. We were busy decorating on Friday, they heard Moe whining and took him for a walk!!!! Breakfast was the best and the entire staff was so welcoming and accommodating. Can't say enough great things about them!! Think the venue where we had actual ceremony could take some lessons from the Inn's staff!!! Just glad we were able to have rehearsal dinner at the Inn!! They made it fun, delicious and relaxing!! Love you guys!!! Sincerely, Shannon's Aunt!! :)

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor so traffic was a little loud at night. Other family members stayed on 2n...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 21, 2013

My best girlfriend and I had a weekend get away. We got lucky and found The Inn on Church. I cannot say enough good about the place. The owners Joe and Stephanie are fabulous. The rooms were wonderful and the meals are incredible. I felt very much at home and cannot wait to come back! I strongly recommend coming here to relax!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I learned about this Inn from a wine tour company that we were using the day of our visit. I've staying at B&B's before and have mixed thoughts but read up online about the Inn on Church so felt good about my decision.
Overall the stay was okay at best, especially considering the price but did have several big negatives.

Food- We had set-up a 3 course pre-set dinner with 2 drinks for our group. I loved the private room they gave us but the $61 we paid was completely overpriced for what we received. It was a tiny salad with hardly any topping. The dinner had been described to me as a GREAT option for our group (ladies in their early 30's). Everyone in our group was unhappy with the entree. It was called a chicken crepe but was more of a chicken stew with a thick gravy. Not appetizing or appropriate for a group of ladies. Best thing about the dinner was the dessert.
My second big issue with the food was breakfast. Again the inn put us in the private room which I greatly appreciated but to my surprise they just had a fruit bowl, cinn rolls and muffins set out. Where was the great menu that was described on their website?
I expressed my food concerns with the owner on my way out and he didn't seem to care....

My second big issue is the ability to get a good night sleep. The rooms are dated but what you'd expect in an Inn. The issue I had was that they were NOT comfortable for 2 people in a room. The beds I think were a full and the floors and doors all creaked so our entire group slept very poorly.

Overall- it's a cute place in a great location to walk around Hendersonville. I also liked the staff (up until the food issue) and how they had coffee makers on every floor.
For me though I can't stay somewhere with poor food and I can't get a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: One of the gals in our group stayed in Lucille. It was super cute and seemed to have a larger bed...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Wendi f
Joe C, Owner at The Henderson, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

We apologize for any inconvenience or discomfort during your stay. We have had many wine tour groups stay with our inn who thoroughly enjoyed their visit. We have a great working relationship with the tour group and are always communicating with them to make our guests and clients feel comfortable and welcome.

You reservation was set up by the wine tour company. It was explained several times that our rooms each have one queen bed in them. I can assure you that all of our beds are queens. Several entree options were given to the tour company and they selected the Chicken Coq Au Vin which is a wonderful French chicken dish made with red wine, onions, and mushrooms. They were also given the option between a higher rate with a gourmet breakfast or a lower group rate with a continental breakfast. They selected the lower group rate with a continental breakfast.

Both the Inn on Church and the wine tour company work hard to make sure our customers are happy. If we were alerted at any time about these issues, we would have done our best to correct them. We made allowances for your group that we don't normally do (ie; allowing you to bring champagne to enjoy at the bar- we don't generally allow that as we sell our own champagne), because we love having wine tour guests stay with us. If you choose to stay with us in the future, we hope that any problems will be brought to our attention immediately so that we can address them and provide you with a clean, comfy, cozy, and friendly stay.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

What a great trip we had to the Inn on Church and Hendersonville. I cant say more positive things about the cute Inn and downtown Hendersonville. We ate dinner there 2 nights out of the 4 we stayed and it was AMAZING FOOD!! The Inn keepers Joe and Stephanie go out of their way to make sure you feel right at home. Usually when we go on vacation and come home I still feel worn out but i didnt after we left the Inn on Church. The Inn is decorated beautifully. We couldnt ask for a better little town and inn to come to and relax. Thanks Stephanie and Joe for making us feel so welcomed. WE WILL BE BACK VERY SOON!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Joe C, Owner at The Henderson, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to relax! We love hearing that people left feeling relaxed, refreshed, and renewed. We hope you will come see us again soon!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I have stayed at the Inn on several occasions and will certainly be returning! Joe and Stephanie, the innkeepers, provide a phenomenal experience and go the extra mile to accommodate any need you should have. The service is top notch and very friendly in the restaurant and the Inn. I have stayed in a few rooms and each is full of historic charm as advertised. The building is a piece of history and is reminiscent of another era. The location is great, only a short (very short) walk to Main Street Hendersonville (quite charming). The chef is excellent and the food reflects his work. The restaurant provides an intimate dining experience, a great wine selection, and excellent service. I would highly recommend the Inn to anyone looking for a place to stay in Hendersonville or the Asheville area!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Joe C, Front Office Manager at The Henderson, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We work hard to provide a comfortable and charming stay for all of our guests. It is our pleasure to go the extra mile for our guests, we want you to make the Inn your home away from home!
We hope that you will vists again very soon. Thank you for your kind review!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

WAY too pricey for the room you get. Definitely NOT worth the money. Old and noisy, and the "downtown" view is a car service place, lol. If there's anything happening in the rest of the building, you can hear from your room, even if you're on the third floor. And giving the rooms a fancy name doesn't make it so. The coffee was terrible, and breakfast lasts for a big 30 minutes, 8:30am to 9am. The parking is also terrible, with a tiny parking place, unless you want to park on the street. The TV was a standard 13", what a joke. At almost two hundred dollars a night, you're better off getting a real hotel room, with a hot tub and indoor pool, with tons of parking.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jodidillon
Joe C, Owner at The Henderson, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

We apologize for any inconvience or discomfort during your stay. We here at the Inn on Church are aware that historic buildings and the downtown setting are not for everyone. We are commited to making our establishment the best it can be and providing our customers a clean, comfy, cozy, and friendly place right downtown. Unfortunately, being in the downtown area limits our parking, however there are two other lots that are available to our customers, as it states on our website. We do provide a sound machine for anyone who is having trouble sleeping, but we must be made aware of the problem immediately. Historic buildings are well known for their vintage charm, however are not so soundproof. We are proud to be a part of the history that makes this building great, and we hope that our guests recognize that as well.
The 8:30-9:00 breakfast hours are just a recommendation for seating. The hours are completely flexible and if you speak with us ahead of time, we are happy to accomodate an earlier or later dining time, which is stated on our website as well.
It sounds as if every problem that was encountered could have easily been remedied with a quick talk with our management, which we welcome at any time. We strive to provide excellent service for our guests and we are happy to make any changes necessary to leave you feeling relaxed, renewed, and ready to return. Please accept our apologies and know that we will work hard to remedy any problem in the future.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I have been staying in B&Bs since 1996 and do our homework on Trip Advisor! We have stayed in inns from North Carolina to California and even Italy! The Inn on Church Street was a great choice. Joe & Stephanie are wonderful innkeepers especially since they've only been doing it for a little more than a year. They live in a cottage next door to the inn which is a big plus! They exude with Southern Hospitality and were around most of our 2-day visit along with their grown children & dogs! We felt at home...just the way a B&B should be! The breakfasts were very good...cooked by Stephanie. They also have a restaurant but unfortunately it was closed the 2 nights we stayed but we'll try it on our next visit! The inn is in a great location easy walking distance to downtown Hendersonville's shops and restaurants...all charming! We stayed in the Giuliani room which is a very large room (especially for the age of the inn) with a nice size bath, all was very nice and clean. The bed was very firm and comfortable with nice linens & bath towels too. The only down side was noise from traffic on Church Street but it's the price you pay for a great location within walking distance to everything. Unfortunately, the 2 days we stayed happened to be extremely windy and cold so we didn't get to enjoy the outdoor hiking we had hoped to do but we were so pleased with the inn that we will definitely be back...probably spring or fall next time!
Thank you! Margie & Mark, Alpharetta, GA.

Room Tip: Except for traffic noise we really enjoyed the Giuliani room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

We are so glad your enjoyed your stay with us! It makes us so happy to hear good reviews from our guests. We always love getting to know our travelers and we are pleased that your stay was everything you wanted. We hope you will come back and see us so that you will get a chance to do some of that great hiking Western NC provides.

INN ON CHURCH

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hendersonville
Hampton Inn Hendersonville
#2 of 11 in Hendersonville
Mountain Lodge
Mountain Lodge
#3 of 6 in Flat Rock

Been to The Henderson? Share your experiences!